• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Deliver Item to specific location -no customer address

donato

Hello,

Kinda stuck here...want to know if this is possible.

Client is a national client, has stores across the country. They want there customers to sign up/create an account, purchase an item AND select the desired location of that item to be shipped to (example: branch # 112 on 123 Anywhere st)-this would be set by a drop down list.

Is there away to do this? my client does not want to send merchandise directly to the customer's address. They want the customer to go to their branch to pickup item.

I do realize that I would have to remove the deliverly address logic from osc or at least alter it so the customer can pick the state, region, city and branch name (most cities have more than one branch)

if someone can point me in the right direction on this it would be greatly appreciated. I might have to hire out this job as well so please PM me those who are interested.

thanks in advance

Well, wouldn't they still have to enter address information to use a credit card? Or is it going to be only like a reservation type thing. You just add stuff to your cart so it's pulled aside at the pickup location? If you're going to let them pay by card first, then they need to enter address info anyway, and setting up pickup locations is as easy as making new shipping options for each location that you have. And there are a couple of threads on that already. Hope that helps.

If every member of this board donated $1 to the dev team, that would be over $11,000.00. Don't you think this cart is worth at least a $1????

Oops, got a little confused on that one. You could make the shipping options be the delivery locations and just change them to a drop down list.

If every member of this board donated $1 to the dev team, that would be over $11,000.00. Don't you think this cart is worth at least a $1????

sweet never thought of that...client would still like the credit card to be processed via the store, and have the customer pick the location(branch) to where they would pickup the item.

how can i create a drop down list for this?

thanks again!

Can't think of it off the top of my head but if you look through the cart for a dropdown menu, you could just use the code from it and modify it so it selects shipping options instead of the radio buttons. Unless there's a drop down menu guru around here.

Damn, I'm not having good luck typing here. What I meant to say was, look through the cart and find a drop down menu, then just modify the code so it uses the shipping options that you will set up for each individual warehouse. Then you should be able to paste that code over wherever the radio buttons are and have it be a drop down menu instead.

Archived