• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase w/o account returns to login

chfields

• 1 month later...
seems to work as long as you don't use a name and password that is already in the system

Do you have problems with return customers when they purchase without an account? Or do you not have return customers?

I've been messen' with this for a week now and with my limited knowlege have had no luck..The only way a returning PWA customer is going to be able to come back and use it again is if I delete him from customers in the admin..They need to have some setting in admin that tells you if they are a PWA customer it can delete them so they can get back in..

• 2 months later...

I've just installed this contrib, and this is the only 'issue' that I have come up with.

The key here is in the Install_Instructions file, at the bottom.

If an email address is already in the system, then it cannot be used to create another login.

To me, this is a big issue, as others have found. A customer can place one and only one order. He can never come back and place another unless he changes his email address. Sigh. Of course, he can't get back in due to his never setting a password the first time.

In effect, the customer is being led to believe that his data isn't being stored, when in reality it is.

Maybe I'm missing something here in the code, and hope that someone has found a way around this, other than deleting the customer record or manually changing the email address after the order is completed.

If so, then we need to figure out a reliable way to know whose email address to change so we don't wipe out a legit customer that agrees to having his data stored.

In the most recent version this has been taken care of by the edits made to checkout_success.php where all of the customers info is automatically deleted from the database after checkout so they can come back and order again and you do not need to manually remove records from the database. There are, however, two possible problems remaining and that is if you use Paypal and the customer does not hit continue on Paypal's site to return to the checkout success page, or if a person enters in their info but then does not complete the checkout process. In both of those cases, the problem with the info remaining in the database would occur. I am thinking there are possibly two ways to go about this. Either re-write the checkout process for PWA so it uses its own checkout rather than the standard OSC checkout or simply create a flag for all customers that use PWA so it shows up when you click on the "customers" module in the admin. This way every so often you can just check on your customer file in the admin and then delete those that have been flagged, where for whatever reason their info was not deleted from the database by the contribution.