• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quick_update_v1.4b problem

mugitty

I've installed the Quick Price Updates:

Quick_update_v1.4b (04/22/03)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,122

The coulumn which displays the tax status either doesn't display the dropdown or the dropdown boxes will kinda half appear as the page is scrolled. Has anyone else encountered this and found a solution?

Also curious if anyone has figured a way to have this mod split pages every 'X' number of entries, so one doesn't have to wait for the entire product list to load before seeing anything and then scroll through a VERY long page.

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

I haven't come across that error... it appears to be working fine for me.

As for waiting for the entire product database to load... wouldn't it be good if there was a category dropdown box from which we could select specific categories, and a button which would show the whole database.

Cheers,

Tony

"The price of success is perseverance. The price of failure comes much cheaper."

You're just too quick for me... :wink:

Is it the same as the current one? From memory there was one for prices only, but not a combination of prices, stock, weight and tax like the current version.

"The price of success is perseverance. The price of failure comes much cheaper."

As for waiting for the entire product database to load... wouldn't it be good if there was a category dropdown box from which we could select specific categories, and a button which would show the whole database

Excellent idea. There is a contribution

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ons,834/page,11

that has category dropdowns, but displays the pictures (unnecessary and slow for my needs) and is limited to only prices. I may see if I can combine the features from both of these if I get some time.

Ideally, I'd like to see the fields that are available in

Quick_update_v1.4b (04/22/03)

combined with the pulling from the database of just the selected category (sans pictures) that is used in

Quick Price Updates v1.1.1 (12/24/2002)

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

Yes, something like mugitty is suggesting is definately needed...

Imagine a bookstore with 35,000+ items(like the current site I am building), or an auto parts store with 100,000's of items being updated (like the next site I am building).

GniDahl;

Sorry, I'm a bit tardy with this, but thank you very much for the update... it improved the ease of use temendously!

Stuart

may be soon a new release !

wich fix minor bug (hazardous back after preview item)

and selection by categories and, i hope, quick update by rates ( ie +10% for all prices) and others minors stuffs...

Regards 8)