• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"soft-launch" of HiPoParts.com

apodigm

This is my first complete osCommerce website. (more like the 3rd after you count some of my initial deployments and test sites.)

http://www.hipoparts.com

Any comments/suggestions welcome. I'm still testing some of the "soft shopping cart" stuff that I added and getting the shipping modules to work.

IIt's been tested in 800x600 and 768x1024 with NS7 and IE5+. I think it looks best in IE because of the ability to do some of the scrolling iframe stuff etc. However, I would be interested to see if the dynamic categories and other features at least degrade gracefully when viewed with other browsers.

8) Nice looking site. The menu works well even in AOL7, although the subcat text is too long for the box in some subcats under engine parts. Did you use a contribution for the menu or is it all your own work?

The text in your 'control panel' is difficult to read. I'd also think about changing the standard osc font - its doesn't compliment your nice header & logo.

I contributed the category menu as menuBar. I think it has already been improved by another developer too.

I definitly have a problem with the text over the flags in the control box. I was thinking about making the flags a watermark, and that way the text would stand out better.

Thanks for taking a look at it.

JG

Menubar dhtml? :lol: I already downloaded it, but hadn't got round to installing it. Now I know how good it can look, I'll have to bump it up my to do list.

I think watermarking the flags is definately the way to go. :wink:

Looking very nice.

Your's is the first menu bar like that that works on my notebook without me chasing it all over the screen.

What did you use on that?

• 2 months later...

Red flag - I couldn't find your actual address, phone number, or email under the contact us link. This pretty much guarantees I won't be buying if I don't know where you are.

Typo - Tools and Supplies -> Pit Equipmen (missing the last t)

--

Andris Skulte

Andris,

I checked out your site quick. and I wanted to make a suggestion. If you mainly only deal with "late model" cars, you should find a pic of a newer car than the 3rd gen maro you have on there now. To most people it's just a 15 year old car. Just an idea.

Archived