• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Question: Does anyone know how to apply discount % to Total

Dallas1906

I was wondering if anyone had a mod or knew of a way to apply a discount to the Total order amount using a code: For example:

in cart total cost is : $10.00

user enter in code: disc10

the cart now has a discount of 10% at checkout

the total is now $9.00

--- There are two kinds of people in this world those who are taking care of Business and those who are not, which one are you?

• 1 month later...

The coupon contribution doesnt have what im looking for , Im looking for a mod that allows a user to input a discount code and then the cart verifies the discount is correct and applies the discount to the total cart and updates the cart based on removal or an addition of a product to the shopping cart.

--- There are two kinds of people in this world those who are taking care of Business and those who are not, which one are you?

The coupon contribution doesnt have what im looking for , Im looking for a mod that allows a user to input a discount code and then the cart verifies the discount is correct and applies the discount to the total cart and updates the cart based on removal or an addition of a product to the shopping cart.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking for.....Are you wanting to be able to apply the discount to the cart total BEFORE going through the checkout?

what about just lowering the prices of all of the products? is there a way around this besides changing each individual price? i want the prices to showing up as 20% lower for all 45,000 of my products...any ideas?

-taylor

I'm not quite sure what you are asking for.....Are you wanting to be able to apply the discount to the cart total BEFORE going through the checkout?

Hey Kim,

We want people to enter a code onto the site that will take a Percentage off a product or cart. Either before or during check out. (doesn't matter)

I have the credit Class and Coupon installed, but I don't want to email a coupon to everyone and I don't want to add people to groups with discounts, I just want them to enter in a name or code.

i.e.

Everyone from xxxx.com enter in "xxxx.comdiscount" and then they get 10% off....

{off = everything in shopping cart}

The coupon system just let people enter in a coupon code that has been emailed to them and its cash, not a % off. At least that is my understanding.

I also have the Members Discount but again that is to manually intensive to add people to it. If they just enter in a Code when its time to check out it would be a lot easier to give out discounts.

Does that make it clear as mud? :D

Thanks for your response.

We want people to enter a code onto the site that will take a Percentage off a product or cart. Either before or during check out. (doesn't matter)

I have the credit Class and Coupon installed, but I don't want to email a coupon to everyone and I don't want to add people to groups with discounts, I just want them to enter in a name or code.

i.e.

Everyone from xxxx.com enter in "xxxx.comdiscount" and then they get 10% off....

{off = everything in shopping cart}

The coupon system just let people enter in a coupon code that has been emailed to them and its cash, not a % off. At least that is my understanding.

So what you are telling me is; that you haven't actually tried it yet, is that correct? Trust me, it will work just exactly the way you want it to.

Step1- set-up your coupon and call it XXX.com discount, fill in the blanks according to the instructions. When you get to the part where it has the code, you call xxx.comDiscount. You can do this for any number of discounts.

Then test your checkout using that code....You will like it.

So what you are telling me is; that you haven't actually tried it yet, is that correct? Trust me, it will work just exactly the way you want it to.

Step1- set-up your coupon and call it XXX.com discount, fill in the blanks according to the instructions. When you get to the part where it has the code, you call xxx.comDiscount. You can do this for any number of discounts.

Then test your checkout using that code....You will like it.

Ok so either my set up is whacky or I am just not using it right.

Wait, checking...well I think I realized whats up.

I have the Credit Class & Gift Voucher v4.2, I don't think the coupon is included with this release is it?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,282

Since then there has been a couple of releases since my initial install.

That is why I didn't see how to create a coupon, I was thinking create a gift voucher was the same as creating a coupon.

Wham Bam, Thank you Maam :D

yes, the coupon code is what we were looking for.

I added the stand alone version for now, I will wait till the credit class system is a bit easier to install before i upgrade again. :)

Thanks for your help Kim!

of and for anyone wondering what contribution here it is:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,300