• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What do you think of my site???

At first look I thought - WOW!!!!

You have great grpahics and load time isnt too bad either...

However - First Look Bad Points:

• I cannot read the text in the 'New Products For April' box.
    Remove the lagnugaes box - if there is only one to choose from.
    Some tables look stupid with the background colour - Suck as the shopping cart page.

But apart from that - BRILLIANT!!!

Warren

Not bad!

A couple of comments:

[*]How about modifying your breadcrumb trail to reflect your Home and Packages tabs, rather than using the standard Top and Catalog?

[*]On the inital page, the gif alongside the Whats New Here? heading is too squashed to be able to see what its supposed to be - can you fix the height of that header row at all?

[*]If you go into a category, the sub-category icons are all displayed nicely, however the text of the sub-category name is an anchor which doesn't appear until you hover over either it or the image, at which point it shows up as yellow. The implication is that your default style for the anchor tag is white, with the Hover attribute being yellow underlined. This is more noticeable on the My Account Information page when creating an account, since there is a Note: there that refers you to the login_page if you already have an account - except you can't see the login_page anchor until you move the cursor over it.

[*]If you are only offering English, is the Languages box not superfluous?

[*]On a purely personal note - the background colour to your central body boxes (eg. the New Products) seems a bit at odds with the stronger, more vibrant colours used for the rest of the page, including your site header at the top. Also, if the header for New Products could be made to match more closely the info box headers?

I like the general colour scheme!

Regards, Wizzud

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

And maybe read the sticky post ....

Not only do the general forum rules apply here, but any stores discussed here must have the "Powered by osCommerce" text displayed

The_Bear

Your infoboxes are too wide.

Your header is too deep

Why not go for a 100% width site ?

It's OK. Nothing out of the ordinary - with a little work, it could be nice.

Question. If someone chooses a .biz domain registration, where do you ask which Domain Name they are buying ? There is a very good Domain Name checking script available in the contributions section of this site.

What about recurring billing ? Or do you bill annually only...

Osc isn't the right package for selling website hosting services really...as there is no way to set up recurring billing, and no (easy) way to renew the clients package on renewal...

anyway, hth!

I have to agree with the rest of the posts so far......nice graphics but the stock header icons and OSC buttons don't fit with the theme......It needs something....the header and side columns are just floating in space without "connecting"....it needs the same background as the rest of the site.

A big thankyou to the people who had time to look at my web site.

Changes have been done, even though I'm having a few problems.

The contribution for checking a 'www' is free is a great idea and I'll investagate very soon.

Please take another look.

Any more comments are most welcome.

Neil.

P.S. - I'm sure I've seen that comment before from Kim???? :lol:

:lol: Neil,

Of course you have....That's my stock review #3A.......there's just something about "floating" headers and columns that seems wierd.......JMHO. :D

I thought I did :lol:

I kept it as a floating store cos I wanted it to keep up the same theme as the rest of the web site. :thumbsup:

Just need to get the background around the store turned to dark blue.

I'll have a go tonight and try to figure it out. Don't want the content area to be blue just white will be fine. :D

Neil. 8)

:D Well I think so, just need a helping hand to find out another gremlins. :wink:

Note: The idea to change the breadcrumb is still under investigation. I would like to remove the "Top" bit so it will then shows "Catalog" first, but of course, change to "Packages" instead. :)

I've added the script to check domain name availabilty. That was fun. :lol:

The background has been changed to match the rest of the site. Took some figuring out. I would change the background colour in the stylesheet.css but it would still apear white, DOH!!! :x I then found out a line in the header said 100% for a table. So I changed it and volia. :stupid:

And again thankyou for all your support, :bigups:

Neil. 8)

Archived