• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Just contributed - Fedex Shipping Quotes

sfatula

I must admit, you know every aspect of this module and how it interacts with OS. :D

That worked great, I appreciate your help. I had played around with that earlier and it didn't work, but it could be that my shipping size was set to high.

Thanks again.

Do you know if its possible to add fedex freight to this contribution?

Any pointers or advice you can give me to lead me in the direction of getting this done is appreciated.

Thanks

Steve,

Any plans on maintaining the FedEx Shipping Address, Phone, Fax, etc. from the admin console?

Thanks,

Randy

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.

Well, here's the reason (perhaps a bad one) I did not do so. This should be part of standard OSC, a ship from address should not be an uncommon thing! I was reluctant to make settings for this and then conflict with OSC settings for the same. Some of the settings are there is OSC like source zip code, but not all of them are. Some other modules also required an address, and it seems odd that OSC does not have these variables.

If enough people think it is worth it, I certainly can, my choice would be in the shipping module admin screen.

Steve

I did think it rather odd to put the shop address and phone into a single field. You could always blaze the trail and see if OSC will adopt it as a standard :wink:

Randy

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.

I'm hoping to get this sweet-looking contrib working on my "pre-MS1" install of OSC. My install is current to about Dec. 2002, so I have what I understand to be the "new checkout" stuff. I see in the PHP info that I have --with-curl listed.

So, my problem occurs when I load up the Admin>Modules>Shipping page. I don't see any list of shipping modules and such, but instead see the following message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class fedex1 in /path/to/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php on line 24

I've gone roughly through this thread and have not yet implemented any changes to my fedex1.php script other than to edit the personal info as per the install instructions.

Does this contrib work with pre-MS1 carts or not? I had hope that it would, based on the contrib description, since I don't really have time right now to upgrade to MS1. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul Hoza

NearlyEverything.com

Actually, I have not tried it on pre MS1, but don't see any reason it should not work. The message would seem to indicate something like 2 fedex modules installed perhaps? What is in the modules/shipping directory?

Pardon my grep skills, but cd to the shipping directory, and use:

grep 'class <.*> {' *

Exactly as I show it, and tell me what it displays. Assuming you have grep on your machine.

Steve

I have grep and ran that command, but I chickened out after it sat there for over a minute... I aborted it (Ctl-C) after that, so let me know if I just need to let it run longer. It worried me that it took that long. (I'm paranoid when it comes to doing things on the server that I'm unfamiliar with.. grep is something I haven't played with much. :)

Otherwise, the only modules in the shipping dir are the defaults (flat, item, table, usps, zones) and an upgraded ups.php that is from the "UPS Choice 1.6" contribution. I have to remove the fedex1.php module from the directory in order to access anything in the admin>modules>shipping screen, otherwise I get the error I already mentioned.

Please advise on the grep issue, if that will help with a solution... sorry I'm too paranoid to just let it run for a couple minutes, but it doesn't seem like it should take that long.

Ack!... Stop the presses!

Ever have a moment when you wish you could retract a statement, realizing only a few moments too late that you didn't think hard enough about the thing you were saying??? Well, I just had one of those. :/

I actually uploaded a duplicate of the full fedex1.php module into the languages directory instead of the correct one for that place. Doh! The same names confused me I guess... sheesh. Not enough coffee or not enough sleep.. take your pick.

Sorry about the irritation. The module looks like it's working. I have it loaded up in Admin and I see the options there. I will proceed to test it once I get my reply from FedEx that I sent in earlier so I can do testing.

Thanks again and sorry for the clutter. I appreciate all the work you've done on the mod and thanks for the help.

Regards,

Paul Hoza

NearlyEverything.com

Just to follow up on my "pre-MS1" installation of this contribution... I wanted to let everyone know that I did get it working without any problems at all. Again, my OSC is 2.2CVS dated around December, 2002.

Thanks for the great work! :)

Glad to hear that, I only suspected it would work for pre MS1. Sure looked like it woudl, but it is always nice to know for sure. Thanks for letting everyone know.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Hi, I need some help to make this Fedex real time shipping mod work.

Background: I used snap shot 5-18 and Linda's shoppe controller 1.0b. I didn't add any other modules and it was a very clean install.

I followed all the instruction written in the readme file of the fedex module. I did also check my server info and saw curl support was enabled. I used NONE for meter number and

When I run the program though, I get a warning message on the top of the screen

Warning: Offset not contained in string in /home/virtual/site41/fst/var/www/html/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php on line 211

And the code for that line is:

$meterEnd = strpos($fedexData, '"', $meterStart);[/i]

And I also get the following message in the Fedex shipping section:

An error occured with the fedex shipping calculations.

Fedex may not deliver to your country, or your postal code may be wrong.

I've never got a meter number. But everytime the NONE disappear so I have to retype it in the admin section.

Has anyone encountered such problem before? Anyone successfully used 5-18 snap shot and Linda's shoppe controller?

Please shred some light on how to get it work. Fedex does provide a lower shipping rate than UPS so I really want to fix the problem

Thanks so much.

Wendy

If the ship to address is in the form of 12345-6789 the module gives the following error:

Is it possible to just stip off any zip longer then 5 numbers instead of dumping an error? Unfortunately some customers know their +4 Zip and use it at my site.

Other then that I have found no other problem with the module.

Kamau Wanguhu

Background: I used snap shot 5-18 and Linda's shoppe controller 1.0b. I didn't add any other modules and it was a very clean install.

And I also get the following message in the Fedex shipping section:

I've never got a meter number. But everytime the NONE disappear so I have to retype it in the admin section.

Has anyone encountered such problem before? Anyone successfully used 5-18 snap shot and Linda's shoppe controller?

Wendy,

I'm running Linda's SEC 1.0b with 5/18 snapshot like you. I had to make these changes to get it to work.

In function _getQuote()

// BOF: RAL modified to make compatible with this snapshot

//$data .= '9,"' . STORE_ORIGIN_ZIP . '"'; // Origin postal code

$data .= '9,"' . SHIPPING_ORIGIN_ZIP . '"'; // Origin postal code

$countries_array = tep_get_countries(SHIPPING_ORIGIN_COUNTRY, true);

$countries_code = $countries_array['countries_iso_code_2'];

//$data .= '117,"' . STORE_ORIGIN_COUNTRY . '"'; // Origin country

$data .= '117,"' . $countries_code . '"'; // Origin country

// EOF: RAL modified to make compatible with this snapshot

In function _getMeter()

// BOF: RAL modified to make compatible with this snapshot

//$data .= '4013,"' . STORE_ORIGIN_ZIP . '"'; // Subscriber Postal Code

$data .= '4013,"' . SHIPPING_ORIGIN_ZIP . '"'; // Subscriber Postal Code

$countries_array = tep_get_countries(SHIPPING_ORIGIN_COUNTRY, true);

$countries_code = $countries_array['countries_iso_code_2'];

//$data .= '4014,"' . STORE_ORIGIN_COUNTRY . '"'; // Subscriber Country Code

$data .= '4014,"' . $countries_code . '"'; // Subscriber Country Code

// EOF: RAL modified to make compatible with this snapshot

I also got annoyed about having to put NONE in after every time it failed, so I changed this code in function _getQuote()

//if (MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_METER == "NONE") {

if (MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_METER == "NONE" || !tep_not_null(MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_METER)) { 

$this->_getMeter();

}

I'm not sure about your first error. I made these fixes and got up and running.

I just installed The Fedex Shipping Module Contribution on my site 2.2MS1

When I hit the checkout button I get the following error(s)

Anybody have any idea what the problem might be??

Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Offset not contained in string. in D:webweirtreefarms.comhtmlcatalogincludesmodulesshippingfedex1.php on line 211

* About to connect() to gateway.fedex.com:443 * Connected to gateway.dmz.fedex.com (199.81.199.42) port 443 * SSL: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed* Closing connection #0

Thanks,

Jason Weir

I just installed The Fedex Shipping Module Contribution on my site 2.2MS1

When I hit the checkout button I get the following error(s)

Anybody have any idea what the problem might be??

Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Offset not contained in string. in D:webweirtreefarms.comhtmlcatalogincludesmodulesshippingfedex1.php on line 211

* About to connect() to gateway.fedex.com:443 * Connected to gateway.dmz.fedex.com (199.81.199.42) port 443 * SSL: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed* Closing connection #0

Thanks,

Jason Weir

Sorry for the duplicate post...

It seems the verify cert error is a problemfeature of curl

an explanation is here

http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/SSLCERTS

Per their instructions I added the following line to fedes1.php at aprox line 166 after $ch = curl_init();

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE);

I no longer have that error but I still am not getting a meter ID and am getting no rate quote

here is the output

* About to connect() to gateway.fedex.com:443 * Connected to gateway.dmz.fedex.com (199.81.205.42) port 443 * SSL connection using RC4-MD5 * Server certificate: * subject: /C=US/ST=Tennessee/L=Collierville/O=FedEx/OU=CSCS/CN=gateway.fedex.com * start date: 2003-03-06 00:00:00 GMT * expire date: 2004-03-05 23:59:59 GMT * common name: gateway.fedex.com (matched) * issuer: /C=US/O=RSA Data Security, Inc./OU=Secure Server Certification Authority > POST /GatewayDC HTTP/1.1 Referer: Weir Tree Farms Host: gateway.fedex.com/GatewayDC Accept: image/gif,image/jpeg,image/pjpeg,text/plain,text/html,*/* Content-Type:image/gif Content-Length: 216 0,"211"10,"252240632"4003,"William C. Weir and Sons"4007,"Weir Tree Farms"4008,"RR 1, Box 222"4011,"Colebrook"4012,"NH"4013,"03576"4014,"NONE"4015,"1-800-962-7911"4018,"[email protected]"4022,"603-237-5300"99,""* Connection #0 left intact * Closing connection #0 * About to connect() to gateway.fedex.com:443 * Connected to gateway.dmz.fedex.com (199.81.205.42) port 443 * SSL connection using RC4-MD5 * Server certificate: * subject: /C=US/ST=Tennessee/L=Collierville/O=FedEx/OU=CSCS/CN=gateway.fedex.com * start date: 2003-03-06 00:00:00 GMT * expire date: 2004-03-05 23:59:59 GMT * common name: gateway.fedex.com (matched) * issuer: /C=US/O=RSA Data Security, Inc./OU=Secure Server Certification Authority > POST /GatewayDC HTTP/1.1 Referer: Weir Tree Farms Host: gateway.fedex.com/GatewayDC Accept: image/gif,image/jpeg,image/pjpeg,text/plain,text/html,*/* Content-Type:image/gif Content-Length: 135 0,"25"10,"252240632"498,""8,"NH"9,"03576"117,"NONE"17,"03258"50,"US"75,"LBS"1116,"I"1401,"50.0"1415,"49.95"68,"USD"440,"Y"1333,"1"99,""* Connection #0 left intact * Closing connection #0

Thanks,

Jason Weir

try increasing your timeout in the php.ini or set it in the code..

max_execution_time = 30

max_input_time = 60

max_execution_time = 60

max_input_time = 90

I tried your SSL suggestion...thanks sloved that one

crshNbrn living on the edge.....

My fedex module works ever since I changed the code in the functions _getMeter and _getQuote like Randy's post suggested.

But when the shipping options are displayed, the fedex lists the choices from lowest to highest (which is what I want) and ups lists the choices from highest to lowest. How can I change the sort order for the ups module to list ground first like fedex?

Thanks,

Charity

My fedex module works ever since I changed the code in the functions _getMeter and _getQuote like Randy's post suggested.

But when the shipping options are displayed, the fedex lists the choices from lowest to highest (which is what I want) and ups lists the choices from highest to lowest.  How can I change the sort order for the ups module to list ground first like fedex?

Thanks,

Charity

I think they are listed in the order that the shipping options are listed in the array. You might just need to reorder the array within the ups.php file.

did you mean this array:

$this->types = array('1DM' => 'Next Day Air Early AM',

'1DML' => 'Next Day Air Early AM Letter',

'1DA' => 'Next Day Air',

'1DAL' => 'Next Day Air Letter',

'1DAPI' => 'Next Day Air Intra (Puerto Rico)',

etc..

in

catalog/includes/modules/shipping/ups.php

because I tried moving those around and it didn't seem to make a difference in how they were listed.

Is there something else I can try?

Thanks,

Charity

Hi,

I am trying to use the FedEx module and using the echo this is what I get:

0,"311"2,"4071"3,"Cash only account"99,""0,"125"2,"5011"3,"No meter number."99,""

I have the meter number to NONE etc, any ideas about what is causing this?

Thanks

Hi,

I am trying to use the FedEx module and using the echo this is what I get:

0,"311"2,"4071"3,"Cash only account"99,""0,"125"2,"5011"3,"No meter number."99,""

I have the meter number to NONE etc, any ideas about what is causing this?

Thanks

First, make sure that you have the Country of Origin and Postal Code setup in the Admin Configuration under Shipping/Packaging.

Which version of osCommerce are you running? If you are running a version after MS1, then you may need to update the contrib to include the changes that I posted earlier in this thread. At some point they redid the Country of Origin to be a table ID of the country instead of the two letter abbreviation. They also change the name of the configuration keys for these two pieces of configuration data.