• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cieto Featured Products v 2.1 beta JUST RELEASE!

emiliano

Is it possible to add a button or something like that in the admin/categories.php and when I have selected a produkt, that I can send it directly to a featured product? Because I have a lot of products in my store and in that way the drop down menu is not the best solution...

need some help how to implement such button!

thanks, Rob

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Enable-Disable categories mod just installed and I noticed that even when categories are disable - featured products from those categories will show up.

Also, some categories - the featured products will not show up, yet they will for the subcategories - any ideas on why?

hi,

i just tried to add a ranom review for each product i display in this, but nothing show up, would it be a problem with variables or something, this is what i put into featured_products.php

<?php 

$reviews = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_REVIEWS . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'"); 

$reviews_values = tep_db_fetch_array($reviews); 

?> 

<tr> 

<td class="main" valign="top"><b>Reviews:</b></td> 

<td class="main"> 

<?php 

if ($reviews_values['count'] > 0) 

{ 

echo '<a class="main" href="'; 

echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, substr(tep_get_all_get_params(), 0, -1)) .'">'; 

echo 'Reviews:' . ' ' . $reviews_values['count']; 

echo '</a> | '; 

echo '<a class="main" href="'; 

echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE, substr(tep_get_all_get_params(), 0, -1)) . '">'; 

echo  'Write a review'; 

echo '</a>'; 

$random_product = tep_random_select("select r.reviews_id, substring(rd.reviews_text, 1, 150) as reviews_text, r.reviews_rating, p.products_id, r.date_added, r.customers_name from " . TABLE_REVIEWS . " r, " . TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION . " rd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and r.reviews_id = rd.reviews_id and r.products_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and rd.languages_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and r.approved = 1 order by r.reviews_id DESC limit " . MAX_RANDOM_SELECT_REVIEWS); 

if ($random_product) { 

// display random review box 

echo '<br><br>Rated:' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'stars_' . $random_product['reviews_rating'] . '.gif' , sprintf(BOX_REVIEWS_TEXT_OF_5_STARS, $random_product['reviews_rating'])); 

echo 'by ' . $random_product['customers_name']; 

$review = htmlspecialchars($random_product['reviews_text']); 

echo '<br><i><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id'] . '&reviews_id=' . $random_product['reviews_id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . $review . '....</a></i>'; 

} 

} 

?> 

</td> 

</tr>

it didnt work, so i thought it might be a variable problem or something, im not sure, cause it all it does is display Review: and then no review,

can someone help,

Don't die with the music in you!!!

Failure is just another boundary to sucess!!! But that doesn't mean your getting somewhere...

• 1 month later...

Just trying to install this great mod. Only prob is that my admin/categories.php has been modded quite a bit and you don't supply a step by step guide on what is added to this file. Is it possible to outline what you added to this file?

Hi,

My short description didn't truncated?

In the admin i have "word per short .. :10"

In the product description, I entered 30 words.

And finally in my main page I have the 30 words .

Please help !

Thx

back...

in the admin/categories.php file i search for every product_description and re copy it changing the name to product_shortdescription...

about the words.. maybe the file it's not taking the number from the admin panel... watch at the configure.php file...

i'm trying to release MS2 version...

about enable - disable in categories php, the problem that i have at the moment is that i can't put the END DATE... i will work on that in the next version...

cheers

patagonia, argentina

• 2 months later...