• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Menu Tabs V 1.3 Fatal error msg on installation

sjhnjah

Help needed from a guru or someone who has worked with this contribution.

I have installed the Menu Tabs V 1.3 contribution and everything went smoothly and looks great! I knew it was too easy!! I went into admin to add a new product , I got the following error message:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_products_head_title_tag() in /home2/wavysbrt/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 706"

I can move the existing products all around without error, however, I can't add products. The instructions did not give me any direction to change or add anything in the admin section. This contribution was posted in February and I'm wondering if it is not compatible with Linda's Header tag contribution that came with my set up. Any suggestions as to what I need to "patch" and where? I'm not confident enough to go messing around with a category file in admin.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Sarah

:?

A newbie who has learned just enough to be dangerous!

Okay, well let me stress as well that i'm not an expert 8)

It sounds like your categories file is trying to find out what the hell tep_get_products_head_title_tag actually means. Search your PC for some file containing tep_get_products_head_title_tag. In that file (which you probably missed while installing) it should give you a code to paste into a file (most likely english.php).

If worse comes to worse, email the author.

Good luck!

- Gian

Thanks for trying, but I had already done that. I think the same as you, but I'm not going to make any changes or tinker with it until I am sure of what I'm doing. I've already done that in the past only to have to start all over!! Gone to far for that now. :( I did email the author, there are two, B?rkur Ingi J?nsson and Paul Marshall, Borkur came back as "mailbox full" and Paul Marshall hasn't replied yet, but hopefully he will soon. If either of you guys are out there, could you post to the forum with an answer? Or some other guru out there could give me some direction? I really like the way the tabs work for me.

Thanks again for trying!!

Sarah :)

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_products_head_title_tag() in /home2/wavysbrt/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 706"

That function is part of the admin section of the Header Tags Controller. I am not sure how you would have messed with this in installing the tabs contribution..but first off look in admin/includes/functions/general.php around line 500 and make sure you have this set of code:

function tep_get_products_head_title_tag($product_id, $language_id) {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_head_title_tag from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . $product_id . "' and language_id = '" . $language_id . "'");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

return $product['products_head_title_tag'];

}

function tep_get_products_head_desc_tag($product_id, $language_id) {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_head_desc_tag from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . $product_id . "' and language_id = '" . $language_id . "'");

return $product['products_head_desc_tag'];

}

function tep_get_products_head_keywords_tag($product_id, $language_id) {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_head_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . $product_id . "' and language_id = '" . $language_id . "'");

return $product['products_head_keywords_tag'];

}

If it is already there, then try posting the block of code that surrounds line 706 of your admin/categories.php and we can go from there.

Hey! You're a genuis!! That did it!! I was NEVER in that file. I'm not sure how everything goes together, but until I installed the tabs contribution everything worked fine. I only had to add a files and change the sytlesheet and header:

Step 1.

Backup.

Step 2.

See Step 1.

Step 3.

Copy the categories_tab.php file to the catalog/includes directory.

Step 4.

Copy the images, trans_corner_left.gif an dtrans_corner_right.gif to the catalog/images/ directory.

Step 5.

Open catalog/stylesheet.css

add the folowing at the bottom of the page. blah, blah, blah

Step 6.

Open catalog/includes/header.php

On or about line 54

replace:blah, blah blah

So I was never in that area. Do you suppose it should be something added to instructions? If not, why would everything have worked up until the install? I'm only asking in case someone else runs into this. I am Happy, Happy!! Thank You so much!! :D :D :D :D :D

Hi Jonathan. Here is the link to the menu tabs contribution. It was a very easy install except for the error message which was resolved by Justin's code. If you run into the same, just do what Justin instructs and it works like a charm.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ions,751/page,3

Sarah :)