• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Going Live Soon- It's Carved in Stone

Finally able to put the finishing touches on it........This shop is a stripped down MS1 with only one contribution at the moment. Let me know how it "feels" and any improvements you think it might need.

Please feel free to place test orders until 4-25-2003. Enjoy!

http://www.itscarvedinstone.com

Now we know why you were in hiding! Awesome.

I want to be able to order custom text on a stone that has an image on it, or totally customize a stone. I see you can customize the text stones, can you make one with even more custom options? (if I thought of it other visitors will too :) )

Did you use the contrib for text attributes?

So far no problems, I will go back and create acct and order stuff etc.

(I need a banner!!!)

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Uh....Yeah sure, I guess that I could get Steve to do that.....I haven't even thought about a totally customized custom.....Are you suggesting I should add an image option to the "Wall Plaque"?

hello.. the background don't have a really stone look... try with another one.. also i'd change the welcome to .. title.. the color and font mmmmm i think they don't fit..

my .02

cheers

emiliano

patagonia, argentina

Hi Emiliano!

Thanks for peeking! You're not going to beilieve this......the back ground is a scan of a piece of sandstone...it's as reall as you can get....I'm kinda stuck with it. I did fix the "welcome to", privacy, shipping, etc.....I din't really like the other font or color either. Look at it again and let me know if you like this one better....I do... :)

Did you check out the the check out?

Yes, I like that layout ...

Very sweet.

Was hoping to see you added those attribute settings too that I wanted in the shopping cart box ... 8)

But, I take it you have found that as fun as I have and what in the world do we do when there are more than Red and Large? :shock:

Was hoping to see you added those attribute settings too that I wanted in the shopping cart box

Attribute settings? Was I supposed to do that? I thought that was your to do list........ :D :D

Was hoping to see you added those attribute settings too that I wanted in the shopping cart box

Attribute settings? Was I supposed to do that? I thought that was your to do list........ :D :D

Sure ... pass the buck ...

I am trying to decide how to figure the logic based on number of attributes or based on a products flag on whether or not to display the attribute details.

Then the little part about getting them to display pretty might play in there a bit.

Oh and the part where if the cart is a mile long, should that be a flag too and not show the cart box when there are XX number of products in it and switch to a button ...

Just little thoughts like that have come to mind ... 8)

Oh.....those sound interesting.......But, you know me.......If the code ani't already written, it doesn't happen in my cart.......I can rearrange it but the orignal stuff is your domain....I promise not to intrude there. :D

Sure ... sure ... I see how it works now ...

And they wonder why I never can say this is done and not have to change things over and over again ... :roll:

And now we have a holiday in the middle of my work ... last week was a client with a loco network ... let's see oh and the funeral ... (no not being calouse ... just sometimes have to try to laugh to make it easier to cope) ... oh ... and to top it off ... I have a killer tooth ache which I have never experienced one before and I am not having a good time on a holiday weekend debating when do I call the dentist and will this go away if I take a few asprin for a couple days? :shock:

Antibiotics work wonders for toothaches, much better than aspirin ;)

Been there done that had the tooth pulled when it got too bad....

Antibiotics work wonders for toothaches, much better than aspirin ;)

Been there done that had the tooth pulled when it got too bad....

Antibiotics ... trying to say call the dentist aren't you?! :?

Um, no, I usually have some laying around.....

I worked for docs, I tend to stay away from them as much as possible :)

Me too ... hence the adversion to the call today and the wait until monday if this does not go away by then.

Gads I hate having to do the dentist thing ... the sound just kills me ... :shock:

back..

the welcome text it's better now..

the background.. the background.. the background.. i just don't like it.. but that's my opinion!!!!

cheers

emiliano

patagonia, argentina

And I feel just the opposite, I LOVE the backgound :)

Different monitors however my render it differently for some people, perhaps that is the case for you, do you think it is too sharp or too soft? Too dark?

Supperb usability and functionality. Great layout but I don't really like the desing (e.i. colors), just not the type of design I like. gj :D

ardit,

Thanks for the review. Sorry you don't like the colors but, I am stuck with them.

"Just like your fingerprints, every piece of natural slate is unique. Each tile will vary slightly in color and texture. Only slate tiles that are quarried in the U.S. are used.

At It's Carved in Stone each design is carefully etched by hand. We don't believe in mass-produced, computer-controlled laser carvings like are found at other companies. Your tile is selected and carved, only after your order is placed."

get's a bit old after the first three tiles...

also I'm getting weight on the catalog listing rather than price (and all weight is set to 0).

Hi JM,

Those two paragraphs are common to each tile. I do still have some individual copy to write.

Thanks for reminding me about the weight....I was thinking of changing that to the dimensions....Better go change that switch. :D

Not everyone will go to each page, I think that text does need to be somewhere in every product page, whether it is part of the description, or in a box to the side, or in the footer, just somewhere :)

Archived