• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Infobox Admin

Based on an idea by Michael Cohen

This contribution will allow you to select which Infoboxes to display on your site through the Admin panel.

You can also choose which column, and what order they are displayed in.

Written for osCommerce v2.2MS1/CVS

Also working on a loaded5 snapshot

Feedback/problems

Either post here or email me

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1175

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Lango.

I am very, very excited about this contribution. It will become an integral part of my overall design.

My questions for you are:

(1) Do you know a module that will allow me to actually CREATE new infoboxes in the admin?

(2) Do you know of a way to CUSTOMIZE individual infobox header/footer graphics within the admin? What about borders, background colors, etc for each box?

(3) Do you know of a way to EDIT the contents of each infobox from the admin? Like a simple way to cut-n-paste text or HTML into a box...preview changes...and submit?

I think that these 3 features combined with the power of your Infobox Admin module would make the most dynamic and customizable use of OSC to date!

Any ideas? Thank you.

You've tried to philosophize your pain

but the hurt's in your heart and not in your brain

There is a contribution for customizing infoboxes, but I don't remember the name of it. It is in Templates or Infoboxes.

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Quackmaster:

My questions for you are:

(1) Do you know a module that will allow me to actually CREATE new infoboxes in the admin?

(2) Do you know of a way to CUSTOMIZE individual infobox header/footer graphics within the admin? What about borders, background colors, etc for each box?

(3) Do you know of a way to EDIT the contents of each infobox from the admin? Like a simple way to cut-n-paste text or HTML into a box...preview changes...and submit?

Currently working on all three of the above.

(1) done :)

(2) done and is controlled via different themes. :)

(3) in progress... :x

I have made available the work in progress to a couple of people expecting a little feedback....... to no avail :wink:

A link to my work is : http://www.dcpcwebdesignonline.co.uk/ecomm...mercetemplates/

I have now moved the theme select from the sessions to be made available to members only.

I would like to make the admin available to view but the last time I did it was abused.

If you would like to see PM and I will give you the password.

Also looking for people to help with this project any interested please PM.

Lango

• 3 months later...

This project will help me heaps.

I'd like to help, but I'm an Graphic Designer & installing php programs is about my limit with programing.

(PS: your link above doesn't work)

To show my lack of skill and limited knowage with php I got this when I installed it (I'm using osCommerce 2.2-MS2):

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in C:Phperl2.3WebsitesSite1wwwshopadmininfobox_configuration.php on line 122

(it show on admin page, admin/infobox_configuration.php)

I've installed as the read me said, checked twice.

But was a bit lost with the following, had to remove the 'also' for it to work, was there a reason for being there?

open file admin/includes/application_top.php

and add the following

define('FILENAME_INFOBOX_CONFIGURATION', 'infobox_configuration.php');

define('FILENAME_POPUP_INFOBOX_HELP', 'popup_infobox_help.php');

also

define('TABLE_THEME_CONFIGURATION', 'theme_configuration');

anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

But was a bit lost with the following, had to remove the 'also' for it to work, was there a reason for being there?

Yes, put only:

define('FILENAME_INFOBOX_CONFIGURATION', 'infobox_configuration.php');

define('FILENAME_POPUP_INFOBOX_HELP', 'popup_infobox_help.php');

define('TABLE_THEME_CONFIGURATION', 'theme_configuration');

Sandri

The current version is only MS1 compatible.

To solve the problem, open the file infobox_configuration.php and search for

tep_array_merge

Replace all occurances with

array_merge

This function was on of the many changes to MS2.

Also..

Not absolutly neccessary but you should copy the define(FILENAMES to the correct file --- filename.php and the define(TABLES to the database.php file both found in the includes folder.

I will do an update shortly once I've finished the project I'm currently working on.

:wink:

I tried installing this while also running Basic Template System v1.0 and it did not work very well. How do I make it work?

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Featured Products 1.3 | LoginBox 5.2 | LatestNews 1.1.3 | Extras for IE

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

same here... Im also lookin for Infobox Admin v1.1MS2 and am unable to find it here on osc, yet it is included in loaded6 beta on phesis.

May have to look and see if can pull it out of there if nothing else.

Edited by themadman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

12/10/2003 - InfoBox_Configuration.php UPDATE for MS2 Author: Trent Collie

[sunSite] [Pair]

This is a correction to infobox_configuration.php. The current version only works on MS1. infobox_configuration.php is the only file included.

is not for ms2

B)

Great Contribution.

It works well for me. I have one problem and I not understanding why it is a problem.

I get his error when ever i activate the wishlist box. With wish list a box does not show until u log in.

After i log in the error goes away and all boxes show including wishlist.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'order by products_name' at line 1

select * from customers_wishlist WHERE customers_id= order by products_name

[TEP STOP]

This error did not show prior to installling infobox admin.

Thanks for your help

Dread

• 2 weeks later...

hi. this is a great contribution and i really like it except it's made some of my infoboxes dissapear :( i started to play around with the languages first moving it to the left and then right. turned it off and then tried to turn it on and it wouldn't come back on? i also turned off the shopping cart one and now that's gone as well and each time i try to turn them back on the little red dot is lit. clicking on that lights up the on/green button but the infobox does not show.

is it something to do with permissions or am i missing something here?

cheers

• 1 month later...

Infobox Admin is a great contribution.

What I would like to add is the ability in admin to display the box when not logged in, logged in or both. Any ideas how?

This will over come the problem people are encountering when installing contributions like Wishlist.

To avoid the error encountered by Dreadlock1, do not enable Wishlist in Infobox admin but add the code as instructed to colum right. Wishlist will appear at the bottom.

• 1 month later...

qCurrently working on all three of the above.

(1) done

(2) done and is controlled via different themes.

(3) in progress... :x

Hi Paul,

Do you get any progress in your work?

I'm using infobox admin and it is great. That will be a excellent idea to include a feature and control the infobox look; like border, color, etc.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Greetings all. I love this contrib. Many thanks for providing it.

However, I seem to be having two problems.

1. The product reviews infobox appears on every single page, not only on the product page. Is there a way to fix this?

2. I seem to have Khaaliq's problem with my Product Notifications box. For some reason it's not appearing. I'll try to readd it manually, but to date it's not working.

Any ideas? Khaaliq, were you able to fix this?

Hi, I have problems having this contribution to work with Infoskin Manager contribution. Did you guys have both installed and work fine? The error message I have is

in /home/magic/public_html/store/includes/boxes_content/categories.php:13) in /home/magic/public_html/store/includes/boxes_content/categories.php on line 13

Since Infoskin Manager required the original boxes folder to be renamed as boxes_content, I tried to include the files from Infoskin Admin to the boxes folder and I got this error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home/magic/public_html/store/includes/boxes/categories.php:18) in /home/magic/public_html/store/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 18

I've been trying to get it work for the past many hours. I'm new to this and appreciate if someone can provide some feedback and pointers. Thanks..

• 5 weeks later...

Problem using Infobox Admin while Infobox Skin Manager is installed!

I am having problem with the columns. I installed Infobox Skin Manager first, then installed Infobox Admin. What's happening now is that all the boxes are in a single column which is the whole width of the page. If I set the box to the left, it will show up on top of the main text box and if the box is set to the right, it will show up at the bottom of the main text box.

It seems the problem has something to do with how Infobox Skin Manager handles column_left.php and column_right.php files. However, I am unable to figure out a fix or work around for this. Any idea? or can anyone else help me out? I really like these two contributions and want to keep them both!