• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Admin Account with Access Level

Parikesit

I just got it installed. I can get to the login page, but after I login, i get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_validate_password() in /www/a/*******/htdocs/milty/catalog/admin/login.php on line 26

Can anyone help me?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You probably forget to upload the file admin/includes/functions/password_funcs.php which is supposed to contains the function tep_validate_password()

Or you didn't updated your admin/includes/application_top.php with a line like

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'password_funcs.php');

I have installed this module but get the following error when going to the admin page

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_redirect() (previously declared in /files/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php:15) in /files/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 15

I cant work out what I have done wrong any clues?

default password is admin...

having just installed 2.3, I am at a dead standstill...

any ideas what might be causing this?

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /cart/admin/admin_members.php on line 352

Edited by valdier

Hello!

I'm sorry but I always get this error on this page admin_members.php, too:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /cart/admin/admin_members.php on line 352

I dont know what I did wrong, but it would be very nice if you can help me.

Thanks!

Bye Dave!

Ok, I just spent the past two hours reading through all 22 pages of this support thread, and I still can't figure out a way to login to the freakin admin panel. I tried "admin@localhost" and "admin" - that didn't work. I tried the changing of the name in the database to my first name and email and such, requested new password, got password in email, plugged it in, STILL won't work. I am at my wits end!

I have been trying every little trick I know, but to no avail. PLEASE, if someone figured this out, HELP! I am desperate. I am setting this up for a client and I have 3 days to pull it off. In DIRE need of some help. Any would be appreciated.

I got it to work, FINALLY!

I was missing some files. Lavarock emailed me and then called me and suggested that it might be a missing file, so I re-uploaded ALL the files, and BAM it worked. Thanks Lavarock!

Hi, its me again... for some reason, I tried to login today, and couldn't! I didn't even change anything.

I fixed that problem, now I am getting ANOTHER error after I login and get to the catalog/admin/admin_account.php page:

1054 - Unknown column 'admin_id' in 'where clause'

select admin_files_id from admin_files where FIND_IN_SET( '1', admin_groups_id) or FIND_IN_SET( '1', admin_id) and admin_files_is_boxes = '1' and admin_files_name = 'administrator.php'

[TEP STOP]

I have checked the database and the admin table and everything is fine.

I have checked the database_tables.php and all the admin tables are defined.

Anyone else have any ideas? I even tried re-uploading all the files, in case I missed something.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Jodi Mann

Edited by quillspirit

• 2 weeks later...

Well, thanks to some cool people who contacted me offline, I finally got it working for me. It appears I was missing a file somewhere. It works fine now. If any one else needs help, do not hesitate to PM or Email me! I will help the best I can! Since no one else seems to want to support this mod anymore.

That function appears to be defined in:

admin\includes\functions\general.php

and should look something like this. Note that is only a part of a larger section that you were supposed to insert, located between the ADMIN BEGIN and ADMIN END headings.

====snip==================================

////

//Return 'true' or 'false' value to display boxes and files in index.php and column_left.php

function tep_admin_check_boxes($filename, $boxes='') {

global $login_groups_id, $login_id;

$is_boxes = 1;

if ($boxes == 'sub_boxes') {

$is_boxes = 0;

}

$dbquery = tep_db_query("select admin_files_id from " . TABLE_ADMIN_FILES . " where FIND_IN_SET( '" . $login_groups_id . "', admin_groups_id) or FIND_IN_SET( '" . $login_id . "', admin_id) and admin_files_is_boxes = '" . $is_boxes . "' and admin_files_name = '" . $filename . "'");

$return_value = false;

if (tep_db_num_rows($dbquery)) {

$return_value = true;

}

return $return_value;

}

////

====snip==================================

If I remember correctly, the zip file had two different directory structures in it.

The first was called ORIGINALS, which were files which did not already exist in OSC and could be copied right into your directory structure.

The second directory tree was called CHANGED FILES. If you were working with an unmodified OSC like a brand new install, you could copy these 17 files overtop of the existing files. HOWEVER, most of us would have to open those existing files and cut and paste the changes in.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to increase the delay in logout time to 4 hours, and preferrably set a time limit on when it can be used, ie M-F want it set to 4 hours before autologout, after 6pm revert back to normal and on weekends be the normal way now.

all the other addons can be down the road, i just need to increase the delay in autologout

ok just installed the latest "admin patch" from the register globals contribution

(http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,admin+password)

, so i can run oscommerce on my server with register globals being off.

and then I installed ur admin account with access level contribution, but i get the following error messages :

Fatal error: Session variable login_id is not globally defined

Fatal error: Session variable login_groups_id is not globally defined

Fatal error: Session variable login_first_name is not globally defined

what could be wrong? anyone had any similar problems ?

took a closer look at that register global contribution, and tryed the "careless code" now i dont get any error messages, but nothing happens when i enter the right password and username, it just clears out the username and password fields.

If i type in the wrong username or password i get an error message that says "ERROR: Wrong username or password!" so that part has worked all the time, but it doesnt seem to go any further when i enter the right username and password :-(.

if i switch back to the "paranoid code" on the register globals contribution i get the error messages

Fatal error: Session variable login_id is not globally defined

Fatal error: Session variable login_groups_id is not globally defined

Fatal error: Session variable login_first_name is not globally defined

i dont get thsoe with the "careless code" not sure if the careless code actually fixes this problem or doesnt bother printing the error messages. :blink:

Has anybody tried to use more than 4 Administratores, and give them specific access to some files - more than those group-rights?

i did and it doesn't work for the administrators with an ID over 4.

I think I found the problem, but i'm not sure about it.

In the table 'admin_files', where the permission of each file is set for the admins, the field-type is 'SET' including the values '1','2','3','4' . So this means I only can chose administrators with an ID 1-4. After adding a new administartor, this field-value will not be increased by the ID of the new administrator - so i won't be able set permission for this administator...

i hope anyone can follow my attempts to explain (english is not my language..). Has anybody noticed the same, am i right? Does anybody know what to do? a solution?

Has anybody tried to use more than 4 Administratores, and give them specific access to some files - more than those group-rights?

i did and it doesn't work for the administrators with an ID over 4.

I think I found the problem, but i'm not sure about it.

In the table 'admin_files', where the permission of each file is set for the admins, the field-type is 'SET' including the values '1','2','3','4' . So this means I only can chose administrators with an ID 1-4. After adding a new administartor, this field-value will not be increased by the ID of the new administrator - so i won't be able set permission for this administator...

i hope anyone can follow my attempts to explain (english is not my language..). Has anybody noticed the same, am i right? Does anybody know what to do? a solution?

I am at 5 just now without issue, I have my tables set for auto increment and the numbers go up and the number of groups go up, I can set permissions as I like, assign members to groups etc.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.