• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Admin Account with Access Level

Parikesit

Hi u all.

:wink: I'm using MS2, and I added, compared, appended, updated database, etc. all the files, and I'm sure I did everything right... but for some reason, when I go to the /admin/login.php, on the top it shows me this:

' php tag (in last line) //------------------------------------------------ // check login if (basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_LOGIN && basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN) { tep_admin_check_login(); } //------------------------------------------------ ?>

Then, I enter the login and password, and here's all I get on the screen:

' php tag (in last line) //------------------------------------------------ // check login if (basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_LOGIN && basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN) { tep_admin_check_login(); } //------------------------------------------------ ?>

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/18/d31558121/htdocs/fleva/Fuxlipux/shop/admin/includes/application_top.php:246) in /homepages/18/d31558121/htdocs/fleva/Fuxlipux/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

Can anyone help???? Any ideas? I'm using the Admin w/ levels v1.2.

Thank you in advance,

Orlin. :oops: :oops:

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/18/d31558121/htdocs/fleva/Fuxlipux/shop/admin/includes/application_top.php:246) in /homepages/18/d31558121/htdocs/fleva/Fuxlipux/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

This error is often caused by extra spaces at the end of the file. Try getting rid of any of those and you should be fine.

Cheers,

Stretchr

"It's a small world...

But I wouldn't want to paint it!"

Stephen Wright

Stretchr, thankx. I just fixed it though, and the problem turned out to be that there was a "?>" in the comments that I added, and for some reason it was not being treated as comments, but as code. Removing that solved everything, now the admin w/ levels 1.2 is running like a dream :D

This is the best I have come across. Thank you for creating it.

I have had success in getting it installed and running for MS1.

I am trying to get it going for MS2. Everything has ported over seamlessly with the exception of the accessing of admin_members.php. I recieve the following error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /home/itmwired/www.itmwired.com/htdocs/admin/admin_members.php on line 352

348    while ($admin = tep_db_fetch_array($db_admin_query)) {

349    $admin_group_query = tep_db_query("select admin_groups_name from " . TABLE_ADMIN_GROUPS . " where admin_groups_id = '" . $admin['admin_groups_id'] . "'");

350    $admin_group = tep_db_fetch_array ($admin_group_query);

351    if (((!$HTTP_GET_VARS['mID']) || ($HTTP_GET_VARS['mID'] == $admin['admin_id'])) && (!$mInfo) ) {

352      $mInfo_array = tep_array_merge($admin, $admin_group);

353      $mInfo = new objectInfo($mInfo_array);

354    }

If I comment out line 352 I get

Warning: Variable passed to reset() is not an array or object in /home/itmwired/www.itmwired.com/htdocs/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/itmwired/www.itmwired.com/htdocs/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

Warning: Variable passed to reset() is not an array or object in /home/itmwired/www.itmwired.com/htdocs/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/itmwired/www.itmwired.com/htdocs/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

And the members display.

If I comment out line 353 I get the errors to go away and the members still display, however the edit/delete functions are gone.

Can someone please advise.

Thanks,

PJRanger

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /home/itmwired/www.itmwired.com/htdocs/admin/admin_members.php on line 352

Thanks,

PJRanger

Just a tip, doing a search on a key portion of your error, like

tep_array_merge

will often get you your answer. I had this same error and that is how I found out how to fix this. In MS2, tep_array_merge has been changed to

array_merge

Change that and you'll find it works just so.

Cheers,

Stretchr

"It's a small world...

Stephen Wright

Thanks,

PJRanger

Just a tip, doing a search on a key portion of your error, like

tep_array_merge

will often get you your answer. I had this same error and that is how I found out how to fix this. In MS2, tep_array_merge has been changed to

array_merge

Change that and you'll find it works just so.

Cheers,

Stretchr

"It's a small world...

Stephen Wright

In case there are still some out there looking for a solution the the buggy "forgotten password function", which sends you an email with subject "ADMIN_EMAIL_SUBJECT" and body "ADMIN_EMAIL_TEXT":

1. open admin/password_forgotten.php.

2. Find the comment that says:

// Check if email exists

3. Right above, insert the following line:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_LOGIN);

4. done.

Zaenal,

Thanks, but this already appears in admin_members.php. I added it to login.php as you said. Still does not fix the problem when the password (or details) is edited for a user.

Dangerous

Okay...fixed just about everything...I still have two errors though:

Warning: Failed to Connect in C:FoxServwwwcatalogadminincludesclassesemail.php on line 502

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:FoxServwwwcatalogadminincludesclassesemail.php:502) in C:FoxServwwwcatalogadminincludesfunctionsgeneral.php on line 18

For the latter, I did check to see if there were any extra spaces...and there weren't...what's going on guys?

Thanks!

Austin519

SSL is not working... :cry:

I?ve installed this contribution and everything is working great. I do have one problem, though, which hasn?t been discussed at all and I wanted to ask you if anyone had any ideas. I can?t get the login to work with SSL. I can log in fine without going through a secure site, but when I enable SSL, whenever I click ?Confirm? it just reloads the login page with something like this:

https://ssl.secure.com/domain.com/admin/log...btt0aa77ee3cbce

I looked at the sources on both the SSL and the NONSSL version. I looked at the form that was sending the info and they are both exactly the same except for the difference in the URL. The rest of my site works fine with the secure server, but I just can?t seem to get this log in to work. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! =)

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed this from a clean install and get this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_admin_check_boxes() in C:Domains2point4.co.ukwwwrootcatalogadminindex.php on line 24

I'm sure it has been brought up before, and read somewhere that the solution is in sectiond of the readme, well this is section d:

d. Files Change or Added

See each file provided to see the changes for each files.

- admin/includes: application_top.php (see: application_top_php)

- admin/includes/languages: english.php (see: english_php)

- admin/includes/functions: general.php (see: general_php)

- admin/includes/functions: html_output.php (see: html_output_php)

I've looked at each file provided but don't see any information about this, am I blind? I'm completely confused now.

Could you please tell me how to solve the below error message. I have install the contibution of Access to admin tool with access level for each admin. The following error message was appeared when I ran the http://www.domain.com/admin

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_admin_check_boxes() in /home/webusers/xxx/www/admin/index.php on line 24

I look forward to hearing you reply soon.

Thanks in adavance

Lion

:oops:

Ok read the readme once agian and I realized I had to change a few php files. However, now I get these errors:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in XXXX/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 270

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_href_link() in XXXX/admin/index.php on line 18

LongIslandJam:

Neither of thise are a result of the admin feature so it may be better to post them separately. However, that t string is most likely the result of having something in there like (... 'This is a line with a special character not properly denoted: ' ');

What you have to do for that is denote it as a normal character using ' instead of '. I assume that's what's on line 270 of your application_top.php

For the second, it's just what it says...tep_href_link() is not a defined function within the scope of index.php. So most likely whatever contribution you added that is using that, you didn't install it properly (the proper includes etc). I've just started at this myself...but the easiest way to figure out errors is to read the error message, go to the line, and figure out the problem, instead of just posting error messages here with no code and saying "Help!" ;). And either way I'd start another thread. Hope that helps though.

Austin519

The tep_href_link error is probably a result of application_top.php aborting before it included all its helper files. I would ignore it until application_top.php is working.

In application_top.php, it is probably more likely that something got miss-typed, rather than the languages file problem of an embedded 'don't'. Go back over the code from 270 and higher in the file to make sure that all your ( have ), ' and ', and " and ".

Hth,

Matt

To Austin, these problems began when I installed the admin feature. It's the only mod I've tried to install so far.

I cleaned up the code in the application_top.php file by deleting some words which I was told to put in. The type in bold is what I deleted.

include the password crypto functions

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'password_funcs.php');

and i deleted

check login

if (basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_LOGIN && basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN) {

tep_admin_check_login();

I got it working now after renentering some code in another file. It's a hell of a lot easier working with this in Dreamweaver than Notepad. I learned that and I learned a bit of mySQL and php a long with this ordeal.

Thanks for your help:)

LongIslandJam:

Heh I assume you're a total coding newbie then eh?

As listed in the application_top_php file:

// ADD the following line to AFTER: // define our general functions used application-wide

//                                     require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'general.php');

//                                     require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'html_output.php');

//------------------------------------------------

// include the password crypto functions

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'password_funcs.php');

// ADD the following line BEFORE '?>' php tag (in last line)

// check login  

if (basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_LOGIN && basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN) { 

tep_admin_check_login(); 

} 

Note that there are "//" 's before the lines you mention. The reason is that the // comments out the code in php, as it similarly does in other programming languages. By removing these, you are telling the php interpreter/parser to try to run those lines. Since there is no method to run "include the password crypto functions" or "check login", nor does that make any sense in PHP, you are getting an error. Make sure you actually installed everything correctly again...this is most likely the reason for all your troubles.

Austin519

For MS2 user please use the last update from Seth Lake (papasan). See this forum: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51399

Austin your 2 errors are being caused by your config settings. You are installing the admin mod locally, therefore you do not have an smtp server running.

fix:

go to "configuration", then "E-Mail Options", then for "Send E-Mails" switch to false.

That will get rid of your error.

Turn this back to true, when you upload to webserver and have a valid smtp.

Shadow

.:) shadowmaxss (:.

shadowmaxss dot com/portal

I love loaded osc distros

shadowmaxss:

Actually 2 problems with that bro. First, I'm running my own Webserver...so I won't be uploading this ;). Second, I actually am running a SMTP server locally, IIS SMTP...

In the end there's actually a pretty big, bad bug regarding it:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,1310

I've fixed it to an extent...check here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...er=asc&start=40 . I haven't had time to finish fixing the bug to submit a bugfix but hopefully will soon.

Austin519

Hi,

I just installed this mod an I really like it!

But theres still one feature, I don't understand: How can I include a new option? I did a product listing f?r the reports section, installed it with admin level, set the permission but it will not take effekt for the menu.

• 3 weeks later...

I have installed pollbooth v2.0 but when i try to config pooboth in admin area, i have a problem.

In fact, this problem is the link : pollbooth.php?action=config.

Could you help to solve this problem ?

Thank

There the code for pollbooth boxe.

<!-- polls //-->
         <tr>
           <td>
<?php
 $heading = array();
 $contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text'  => BOX_HEADING_POLLS,
//                               'link'  => '<a href ="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('selected_box')) . 'selected_box=polls') '</a>'
                    'link'  => tep_href_link (FILENAME_POLLS, 'selected_box=polls')
                    );

if ($selected_box == 'polls') {
   $contents[] = array('text'  => 
//  $heading[] = array('align' => 
//                             'left',
//                               'text'  => BOX_HEADING_POLLS,
//                               'link'  => '<a href ="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('selected_box')) . 'selected_box=polls') '</a>' .

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_POLLS, BOX_POLLS_POLLS) . //polls.php, 
      tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_POLLS1, BOX_POLLS_CONFIG) . // polls.php?action=config
// <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POLLS , 'action=config', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_POLLS_CONFIG . '</a>');
                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_POLLBOOTH, BOX_POLLS_RESULTS)  //pollbooth.php

);
}
//  if ($selected_box == 'polls') {
//    $contents[] = array('align' => 
//        'left',
//                                 'text'  => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POLLS, 'action=config', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_POLLS_CONFIG . '</a><BR><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POLLS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_POLLS_POLLS . '</a><br>' .
//      '<a href="pollbooth.php?op=list" class="menuBoxContentLink">R?sultat sondages</a><br>' 
//       tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_POLLS, BOX_POLLS_CONFIG1)
//                                    tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_POLLS, BOX_POLLS_CONFIG) 

//                               );
//  }
 $box = new box; 
 echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);
?>
           </td>
         </tr>
<!-- polls-eof //-->

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business