• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin section

kathy7012

In the admin section under tax class is Products Price (Net): and then under that is Products Price (Gross):, in a previous version it shows the amount in the gross with the tax amount added to it, but I am seeing no change in that amount. Did I miss doing something? Right now net and gross show the same amount. Any ideas why that is?

Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it.

Hi @kathy7012  Where you say it shows Tax Class just to the right of that in my admin I have the option of "none"  which leaves it same or "Taxable Goods" which when selected then adds the tax for that item.

It has been a while, but I believe you need to set that up in admin under "Locations / Taxes" then "Tax Classes" and click to Add a New Tax Class "Taxable Goods". Then you need to go into "Locations / Taxes" to "Tax rates" and set up new Tax Rate for your tax amount needed for your location for the Taxable Goods.

Thank you allaboutwicker, that was all done, but it still did not change the gross amount as I was listing each product and in my old site those amounts always changed when I made sure it showed taxable amounts. Now in this new version that doesn't happen so not sure if it is an error in oscommerce or if it was a change they made.

Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it.

4 minutes ago, kathy7012 said:

taxable amounts. Now in this new version that doesn't happen so not sure if it is an error in oscommerce or if it was a change they made.

It is not an error that comes from : (the package you downloaded.......... put the link here please).

I can't put a link to my admin section so here is what it looks like, then maybe you can tell me if that is normal.

Tax Class: pixel_trans.gif --none--Taxable Goods
Products Price (Net): pixel_trans.gif 
Products Price (Gross): pixel_trans.gif 

It did not show the prices I have in there, but both Products Price (net) and Products Price (Gross) had amounts of 8.99

@kathy7012

What wHiTeHaT was was asking is "What version of osCommerce are you using?" What is your "New" version? Did you download it from this forum. or someone's Github account (that is the 'link' he was referring to)?

If you downloaded the last 'official' version (v2.3.4.1) from here (or anywhere else), I'm sorry to have to tell you that the 'official' v2.3.4 (and the v2.3.4.1 hot-patch) is very much out of date! the osCommerce project was lead by one person that has been absent for quite some time. In his absence, the "community" has continued with the development of osC. Unfortunately, that one missing person is the only one that can make this continued development an 'official' release.

The 'Community Edition' (also called osC-CE (for Community Edition), osC-BS (for Bootstrap, the platform it is based on), osC-Edge, osC-Final, and/or osC-Frozen. These are all different names for the same thing) is a big improvement over the last 'official' v2.3.4 release in a number of ways:

1) It is responsive. This means that it will adjust the screen layout depending on the size of the screen of your customer's device. This is very important in this day of mobile devices. The 'official' version is not responsive.

2) It will work with the newer version of PHP, the scripting language used in osC. As more and more hosts upgrade their servers to PHP 7.x, older versions of osC will crash.

3) It is much more modular. This means that you can turn features on or off, or even add new features, all without touching the core code.

Malcolm

Installed Version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1 is my version, now can't remember exactly where I got it.

Oh great, that is the version I remember now that my host put in, do I need to do anything?

@kathy7012

If you installed it via a one-click installation through your host, then yes ... it's the old version.

Unfortunately, upgrading to the Community Edition is not an in-place upgrade. You would have to install the new shop into a different sub-directory, copy over all of your images, and migrate your database to the new version.

M

Would it be better to delete this version and start over with the Community Edition?

Correct, someone hacked my site and I had to start over. I have over 3500 products so not many listed yet, so now would be better than later. Where is the best spot to grab the Community Edition so I can tell my host.

I downloaded the installation you suggested, should I just change the files that need changed

@kathy7012

1) ALL of the files need to change.

2) Do you have a FTP program on your local computer? A popular one is called FileZilla. With it, you can copy files from your local computer to your host's server, or from your host's server to your local computer. It's a good idea to have a complete copy of all of the files that make up your store. FileZilla will allow you to move a lot of files all at once (there are over 1400 files in the base installation of osC, before you start adding your images and such).

If you had a complete set of files on your local computer, you could have had your store up and running quickly (after you figure out how they hacked you, of course).

3) In addition to backing up all of the files in your store, you also need to learn how to back up the database. It is NOT one of the files in the store, and must be backed up separately.

M

I think I had better get someone to help me, how shall I ask someone? Where did you say to post for help at?

My host wants me to do the install and I do not understand it enough to do, the files are confusing to me.

As mentioned, you will need to replace all of the files and your database will have to be converted or you would lose your products. You can upload the CE package and install it that way but if you are not familiar with doing that, you will most likely not get very far. And that still wouldn't solve the database conversion problem. This thread may answer some of your questions.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived