• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

problem with category links in responsive/bootstrap

Portman

Hi,

I am playing around with the responsive 2.3.4 .

The only real modification I have done to the original is to try to add SPPC onto it.  As I was testing the add on I noticed that when I use the category links on the left the items do not load onto the page.  There are essentially enough place holders for the items in the category but they are all blank and when i click on one it says "D'oh. Product not found" - the items are there and loading properly for example i can see them and access them in the new products section.

I've looked through index.php and includes/application_top.php but don't think the problem lies there... is there somewhere else I should be looking?

any help would be appreciated !

Yeah I have done that and made some minor alterations  - Im just trying to locate where the error could be so i can fix it - what parts of the site control what loads up when you choose a category.

I also noticed that if I click on the "Would you like to see which new products are available to purchase?"  link I get the same problem

So did this problem exist before you added the SPPC? Have you checked your error_log.php?

Have you made any changes to index.php?

Also would help to know which version of BS your using gold/Edge/Frozen/CE!

OK... this is where I am at now...

I am using EDGE and was trying to adapt the bootstrap edition of SPPC to suit...

I drilled down the problem to the catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

the original EDGE version of this file is VASTLY different to the SPPC bootstrap version and I struggled to know what needed to be modified...

anyway I am at the point now where I simply modified the bootstrap version of the file to work within the edge version (Swapping out DIR_WS_IMAGES etc) and it seems to work.   

However I am worried that in doing this I will find some other negative effect down the path somewhere. 

35 minutes ago, Portman said:

OK... this is where I am at now...

I am using EDGE and was trying to adapt the bootstrap edition of SPPC to suit...

I drilled down the problem to the catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

the original EDGE version of this file is VASTLY different to the SPPC bootstrap version and I struggled to know what needed to be modified...

anyway I am at the point now where I simply modified the bootstrap version of the file to work within the edge version (Swapping out DIR_WS_IMAGES etc) and it seems to work.   

However I am worried that in doing this I will find some other negative effect down the path somewhere. 

No that seems normal and you should be fine. Somewhere along the line those definitions were removed and you have to replace them with the hardcoded entries like you did. There is a compatibility addon i believe that helps with that. 

Archived