• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Chrome now marks all HTTP sites as insecure

mhsuffolk

Note to all. New version of Chrome (68) released 24th July will mark ALL HTTP pages as insecure. Now is the time to change to HTTPS.

See here

Also, from the future version 69, the secure padlock behaviour will reverse, secure pages will have no padlock shown but insecure pages will have a warning. Confusion will reign I feel.

Live shop Phoenix 1.0.8.4 on PHP 7.4 Working my way up the versions.

2 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

Not the end of the world :biggrin: they have been doing this for a while, all they are doing now is adding "Not secure"

Yes, but the majority of customers may not have noticed just a ! symbol, now there are words to back it up.

Live shop Phoenix 1.0.8.4 on PHP 7.4 Working my way up the versions.

This has been reported on many sites for a long time, so those that have ignored any warnings up until now, should really be doing something. Saying that there are still some here that are not using a responsive code base, and most search engines have been penalising them for years, and still they take no notice.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Google Chrome Now Labels HTTP Sites as 'Not Secure' It's a warning worth heeding. ... “Encryption is something that web users should expect by default,” says Chrome security product manager Emily Schechter. The use of HTTP has privacy implications as well.

Archived