• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Hmmm...I'm getting censored...it's supply and demand...it's hard to pay for something that I have no demands for. Actually, I had in the past, even sent beer money, just never gotten a reply. I wonder who drank that beer or probably beers...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, clustersolutions said:

Hmmm...I'm getting censored...it's supply and demand...it's hard to pay for something that I have no demands for. Actually, I had in the past, even sent beer money, just never gotten a reply. I wonder who drank that beer or probably beers...

For clarity, it was not me who deleted your post.  And I do not know to whom you sent a Beer and never got the courtesy of a thank you & reply?

3 hours ago, burt said:

The words I got from you just a few days ago, and now again this?!?  Uncool.  Good luck with this Project. 

And as for your comment @valquiria23 - there is at least one other active Team Member so stop stirring the pot please.

Sorry @burt I was a little confused :unsure:, as you did not answer my PM I thought you left with the other people in this forum to the new secret project. 

How lucky you stayed, and I was wrong, it would be great if you and @wHiTeHaT come together and integrate @wHiTeHaT  BS4 admin to your glorious Frozen !!! What do you think?

You two have done an excellent job and I will always support you to move OSC forward. 

Best regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

12 hours ago, wHiTeHaT said:

This is NOT in any means an attempt to take down my co-dev.
It is ment to figure:
- For who "we/I" code.
- What it is WORTH to you?
- What are your expectations?

7 hours ago, clustersolutions said:

Hmmm...I'm getting censored..

Your post is unhidden again. It was a mistake on my behalf.

.it's hard to pay for something that I have no demands for.

No one asked that.

Actually, I had in the past, even sent beer money, just never gotten a reply.

For what you send it for? 

@wHiTeHaT

If that is not a misunderstanding how do you explain the code package that I and many others have?
Gary never said that he won't do anything if he doesn't sell those code packages he just said it will take longer.
I guess if you would code up something useful and you actually sell that it will sure give you the motivation and spare financial cushion to work more intensive with osC or does it not?

I really don't see the big fuss here. You felt offended...why? There are other devs selling their stuff on their own websites which 1. osC doesn't earn anything on it and 2. they don't help the osC devs move osC forward financial-wise. The thing is that those devs wouldn't need an own website to sell their stuff if this forum or osC would have a strong Marketplace which then again helps both sides, you as dev and the dev that created code. It would be a win/win situation.

That said you are free to believe and think what you want just bare in mind that EXACTLY fuss like this is what causes the regular people (future shop owners? ) to run away from osC. Seeing conflict within the team discussed in public is not super motivating and does destroy or split the community. Don't you think a simple PM conversation with Gary would have sufficed?

Look where we are standing now. I am more than confused myself what should be supported? What is gonna happen from now on? And still, where the hell is Harald?
Is Gary's Frozen still they way to go? Is he gonna finish the BS v4 conversion? What are you gonna do? What is this BS4 admin for anyways, stock 2.3.4.1? Where is the Marketplace you were working on? What happened to product variants? So many things unfinished and spread out and not connected.

Guess I'll just go keep myself busy with some video games till this dark shitty cloud is gone from this currently very unpleasant forum.

8 hours ago, valquiria23 said:

Sorry @burt I was a little confused :unsure:, as you did not answer my PM I thought you left with the other people in this forum to the new secret project. 

How lucky you stayed, and I was wrong, it would be great if you and @wHiTeHaT come together and integrate @wHiTeHaT  BS4 admin to your glorious Frozen !!! What do you think?

You two have done an excellent job and I will always support you to move OSC forward. 

Best regards

Valqui

I have no PM from you other than the one where we were discussing your brother, weeks ago.

There isn't a possibility that this can be a part of Frozen for two reasons;

1. whitehat made it very clear that he wants nothing to do with anything I am working on, in his words:  "I am 100% done with you"
  2. whitehat did not fork his Repo (it is clear that you do not understand what that means, so believe me when I say he has made it difficult to merge)

Let us say no more on the matter, and please stop mentioning me with regards to working with others.  These people themselves need to approach me to have a frank discussion as I need to know they are not going to bale out when things get tough.

1 hour ago, wHiTeHaT said:

Nothing in this topic what i wrote made any conflict. What discussion?

The posts from the other day across two or three threads which I had to collate into one ""un pleased" post, where you basically shit on me, other users and osCommerce - all done in public - until I collated and moved into the team discussion area.  Which you then deleted, along with hundreds of other posts as part of your "cleaning up".

It leaves a bad taste in the mouth to be accused of something that I never did, then to see you performing the action that you accuse me of.  The action itself, no problem, just the words from the other day is a problem for me.

1 minute ago, wHiTeHaT said:

You deleted it.

What you accuse me of, never happened, other than in your own misunderstanding. 
When you (or anyone) jump to a conclusion (not only about this, but many other things)...the conclusion is usually incorrect.

But hey, I really want to see you do well in the Admin Project, so... Good Luck!

2 hours ago, Tsimi said:

Is Gary's Frozen still they way to go? Is he gonna finish the BS v4 conversion?

Two questions there, that I can answer;

1. I believe so.  Frozen is frozen, like Gold was gold.  It won't change, it's a point in time.  
    There should be no other Forks discussed at this Forum, but I let that slide if the one who forked is actively moving osC forward
    If they are not doing much of anything other than loading it up or trying to split the community...links get removed.

2. Yes.
    It'll take time as it is done on a small part-time basis.

I thank you @Tsimi for understanding that the sale of my code allows me to give more time than I normally could and as more time is given, things move faster.  Thanks!

@wHiTeHaT

I meant the comment you wrote that has been deleted in the other thread. I didn't took any screenshot and I hope that not many people have read it for their sake. That kind of stuff leaves a foul taste. Like I said stuff like that could have been discussed via PM or whatever you osC devs use to communicate.

I tossing up the question how much shop-owners would financial support the work for converting osCommerce's bootstrap.

Like I said we primary bought a code package or service from Gary nothing more and nothing less. No one was ever forced to buy anything from him or any other person here.
The side benefit for buying that package or service allowed things to move forward quicker. Which is what we buyers welcomed.

Yet i not keep out the work from the public, even if no one would support, i will still release the work done.

C'mon you know that Gary will share/release it at the end as he has done all the time with GOLD and EDGE. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense to put so much time and work into it. And let's say, just theoretically, if he would not release it. So what? I didn't intend to buy Frozen with BS4 I bought a code package, THAT was my goal.

It is right here..... it is waiting.

Waiting for what? Till Harald shows up and have a look at your Idea and maybe will or will not add it? So what should you or Gary do in the meanwhile? Wait for better days to come? Like I said if you were able to code up something that is useful to people and you would say I sell this and that and at the same time this would help move osC forward quicker then I think you'll be surprised how many people might actually react positive to that.

Some of us "donated" money to osC and got this Ambassador status or green name color. Nothing else. Nothing moved forward faster or better because of that. We have received no special code package only available to Ambassadors. Hell I even cannot edit my posts after the 15 min limit. How much $$ have you or Gary seen from any donation made to osC? When was the last donation made? THAT is what I call a waste of money. Then I rather spend it on someone who actually does something constructive for osC and its community.

- Template system (i did that, could have used ANY framework with it, not only bootstrap...... remember?)
- Variants system (i did that......... remember?)
- V3 classes, (i ported them ... remember?)
- Product attributes (also done that.... remember?)
- DB driven Language system (remember?)

Oh I remember very well but where are these things? Into which repository did you build all this in?

3 minutes ago, Tsimi said:

I meant the comment you wrote that has been deleted in the other thread. I didn't took any screenshot and I hope that not many people have read it for their sake. That kind of stuff leaves a foul taste. Like I said stuff like that could have been discussed via PM or whatever you osC devs use to communicate.

So... and now poluting here.........

You gave me advice to PM .... so why now ranting about something that was cleared out.
Is this wrong then?:

This is NOT in any means an attempt to take down my co-dev.
It is ment to figure:
- For who "we/I" code.
- What it is WORTH to you?
- What are your expectations?

So, now i try to do the EXACT same.
So it is not even a secret or accusing.

But before it was exactly how i say.
It is now just turned out to:

Like I said we primary bought a code package or service from Gary nothing more and nothing less. No one was ever forced to buy anything from him or any other person here.
The side benefit for buying that package or service allowed things to move forward quicker. Which is what we buyers welcomed.

So it is valid.

But before it was not, and that pissed me of.
That is also why all reference to that is removed, couse i was right and had a right to rant on that.

But i have peace with it.

That i made the post in this topic about "financial support" for bootstrapping the admin was just ment for store owners.
And to see what THEIR reactions where.
Just like Gary did...... so same... nothing more.... nothing less.

Anyway this discussion is now going to stop.

Completed preparation for the Admin Modularisation

You can now:
- Build Content modules to used in the admin.
- Build Navigation Bar modules to used in the admin.
- Build Box modules to used in the admin.
- Build Header Tags modules to used in the admin.

https://github.com/osc2nuke/oscommerce-2.3.4.1-CE

Have Fun :heart:

11 minutes ago, Hotclutch said:

Have not installed this yet, but notice some deprecated V3 bootstrap classes in the files.

There are no V3 classes in this repository.

I missed read.
What kind of? (There is also still old code styling in it).

20 hours ago, burt said:

Unfortunately because you did not fork there isn't a way that the two repo's can easily be merged :-\

Not entirely true, it can still be merged, but may be with a little more work...

From Ben Parker: "with power also comes great responsibility..."

It's time for unity...I doubt there'll be much income generating possibility until a more sounded user base.

1 hour ago, clustersolutions said:

Not entirely true, it can still be merged, but may be with a little more work...

I use only the admin, what is unchanged since. (cannot tell if anything done to it beside the navbar modules?)
So basically it remained untouched since.

Now that i active work on the admin, i see it have A LOT OF POTENTIAL.
And it makes oscommerce WORTHY again.

Sure, many not "care" for the admin.
Yet it is still the place are store-owner most works in.

Just like it suddenly all became so easy to do things for the front-end.
Same now anyone can do it for the admin.

Mainly now for the navigation bar.
The columnLeft
And the header_tags.

I wish i done it earlier.
I said it many times in the past, that one day i would bend over it.
I'm happy i done it.

It was easier then i tought.
Keep in mind i already bootstrapped it before to BS3.
But had no cma_*,  bma_*,  hta_*,  nba_*. 
No oscTemplate etc.

11 hours ago, burt said:

There isn't a possibility that this can be a part of Frozen for two reasons;

1. whitehat made it very clear that he wants nothing to do with anything I am working on, in his words:  "I am 100% done with you"
  2. whitehat did not fork his Repo (it is clear that you do not understand what that means, so believe me when I say he has made it difficult to merge)

Let us say no more on the matter, and please stop mentioning me with regards to working with others.  These people themselves need to approach me to have a frank discussion as I need to know they are not going to bale out when things get tough.

Yes, it's true, I do not understand anything in programming, but it's my personal wish that we all join in moving forward this project and here is where I'm making my effort to unite everyone, trying to forget the past and think about the future.

I will respect your wish and I will never mention you again, but I still think in a positive way trying to help unite people.

peace and love

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

1 hour ago, valquiria23 said:

Yes, it's true, I do not understand anything in programming, but it's my personal wish that we all join in moving forward this project and here is where I'm making my effort to unite everyone, trying to forget the past and think about the future.

I will respect your wish and I will never mention you again, but I still think in a positive way trying to help unite people.

peace and love

Valqui

Yeah...try being mad at that response. 😬

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

No doubt! Admin is very important. Reporting, machine learning, marketing like email campaign, integration with Sendgrid/MailChimp and etc. That stuffs are important for conversions. How many of you actually use the products_view data? And how many of you know products_view indiscriminately tracks robot clicks (at least the last time I checked it) too? Just imagine if the "admin" would collect all the clicks and etc of a user session and gaining insight on visitor habits...it's gonna be in admin.

4 hours ago, wHiTeHaT said:

INow that i active work on the admin, i see it have A LOT OF POTENTIAL.
And it makes oscommerce WORTHY again.

Archived