• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Made a GitHub repository for converting the oscommerce's admin to bootstrap 4. based on @burt 's oscommerce-CE [Frozen] repository

BS4 Admin (<- click to download)

TODO:

• use direct library instead of CDN
  • Finetune buttons.
  • Remove obsolete html.
  • replace images with icons.
  • Re-positioning of several buttons, search-fields and drop-downs.
    perhaps this list will go be extended

Have Fun! :heart:

:tongue:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent start @wHiTeHaT!
This project is very necessary and welcome.
I hope all the members of the community will support you along the way, looking to take OSC to a new state of the art.

@wHiTeHaT it would be good that every 2 or 3 days you give us a summary of the progress so that the community is informed and can give you the necessary feedback and support.

Best regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

Hmm...should be a fork so it can be merged in the future if necessary. Also, why not try moving over the autoloader class from 2.4 (or may be V3), to see if you can unify the class objects between the shop and the admin...the classes will need some work, but it shouldn't be too bad...probably in another branch...

So what's the base of the initial commit?

7 hours ago, clustersolutions said:

So what's the base of the initial commit?

oscommerce ce [Frozen]

4 hours ago, radhavallabh said:

Will it work with php7 version..

Sure,  only the HTML is changed.

17 hours ago, valquiria23 said:

I ask everyone to leave the differences of the past and support @wHiTeHaT!.

From my side, assuming that you are directing this at me, whatever people think they see and know;  there are no differences.   

wHiTeHaT wants to do his project, so he should do it.  I suspect many shopowners shall be very glad to finally see a bootstrapped admin.

hmmhm...someone may have volunteered as PM...

On 7/25/2018 at 12:03 PM, valquiria23 said:

... it would be good that every 2 or 3 days you give us a summary of the progress so that the community is informed and can give you the necessary feedback and support.

Ah...if the repo owner keeps an open mind and it's for the greater cause I'm always willing to review/test codes...well, when time permits...

I am looking forward to seeing your implementation of this BS Admin....

On 7/25/2018 at 5:25 PM, wHiTeHaT said:

There are simply not enough dev's  available with the skill to do that.

Hi @wHiTeHaT Henry,

I do not understand much about github.
This message that means? that Frozen is now with bootstrapped admin? Can I download and try or its need more work? Sorry for my stupid questions.

Anyway encourage and continue moving forward OSC !!

Best regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

This package is for the moment standalone.
I can not tell at this stage if both "catalog" repositories matching.

You could rename your admin...... take the admin from this repository.
and configure it according to your current admin [if insist to test].

You can also install the pack in another directory.

PS: Assuming the admin stays untouched in the Frozen version, i will later on see if i can work out something with @burt if we can make a dashboard module.

[Notification]
It must be possible to notify you from both repositories if the catalog or admin has an update.

[Auto updater]
We could even, if can agree, to let one or the other be auto-updated.
But this is on a later stage.

For that there must be first "used" better ways to use modules/add-ons with 0 core changes into:
-template-top.php
-application_top.php
-application_bottom.php
-template_bottom.php

These should ... or actually MUST be covered with Hooks and or header_tags

Another option is to refuse via an add-on installer overwrite existing files.
But that is also not fail proof.

Yet, there must be come some kind of rule for that to make it work.

So............

Where are these shop owners who wanted to pay for a BS4 front-end?

There where asked like 10 shop owners to pay the coder converting the front end to bs for for........... how much was it?

To get into the details about what i talk about READ the WHOLE Topic:

This is NOT in any means an attempt to take down my co-dev.
It is ment to figure:
- For who "we/I" code.
- What it is WORTH to you?
- What are your expectations?

Do not worry.... i keep coding in the mean time for free.

But if you want to support me: https://www.paypal.me/osc2nuke

(keep in mind i live from well fair, yet....... i like what i do........... call me an idiot if you want. But also keep in mind from who you take advantage off).

Anyone who think it is worth something................. I will take notice off.

34 minutes ago, wHiTeHaT said:

Anyone who think it is worth something................. I will take notice off.

Thank you but the support is unconditional. Just keep helping the project.:thumbsup:

Thank you for your unconditional support to move OSC forward, especially now that it seems that you are the last active core member due to the abandonment of the others to another project.

This BS4 admin project is of great value to the community.

Best regards

Valqui

Don't code for free, but offer a product at $xx is ok, but it has to be a finished product that offers solutions to users. Hopefully, there is a demand for it, too. Y'all need to make up and join forces and deliver/sell useful products/services. Leave the ego at the door, the best thesis is the finished thesis...

3 hours ago, LeeFoster said:

Having watched the video it looks amazing, I have just one issue though and it's more my OCD than an actually issue. When you expand a section the + doesn't change to a -.

It is all about the +
https://www.paypal.me/osc2nuke Do it here, then we will see.

As you have just one issue.
I have a few more.

Yet nothing against you.

But seems you doing better then i do.
https://www.paypal.me/osc2nuke

Seriously, nothing against you, and i am aware of what you point me to (the menu).

Just try to understand the people who is putting an efford.

Yeah yeah i know it sounds like "begging".

It is almost like i was try to sell a product.

9 hours ago, wHiTeHaT said:

Assuming the admin stays untouched in the Frozen version, i will later on see if i can work out something with @burt if we can make a dashboard module.

Unfortunately because you did not fork there isn't a way that the two repo's can easily be merged :-\

I just want to mention,...

We bought a code package that we wanted and needed. And additionally that money was helping a person to do what would take months or years to be done within few days/weeks.

It's like you buy something online and at the end of the checkout process it says "we will donate 5% of your purchased amount to the cancer research institute" so you got your item and help a good cause.

I don't see the big fuss about asking people to purchase code or an item and additional with that they would help move something forward.

It's not like we gave money and didn't get anything for it in return. We bought a lot good code for it AND got osC moved forward. This should actually show that some few people are actually willing to pay for good code and not just get everything for free. That is why we always said it is vital for osC to have a market place where devs can sell code/apps so that you osC devs have a source of income and motivation to continue as fast as possible.

I never saw anyone getting paid only to move osC forward. That is clearly a missunderstanding.

Archived