• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal payment received but items still in customers cart

14steve14

Over the weekend I have had two cases where a payment has been received from PayPal, but no order is shown in the stores records. The items are still in the customers basket. The customers have received  a payment confirmation from PayPal and I have received notice that I have received a payment.

I know that this probably means that they did not return correctly to the store after making a payment, but what can I do to get the order to complete, create the invoice and store the info in the customers data, and remove the data from the customers basket.

I am using the latest version of the PayPal app, and until this weekend have not had any problems. The payment is shown in the PayPal app logs and on the PayPal site, but nothing on the store. I have contacted PayPal and they say there is nothing they can do as they cant resend what ever they send after the payment has been made ,which would update the store.

There is an invoice number created as there are a few missing from the sequence and the invoice number is visible on the PayPal payment page.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I searched this problem and found nothing that really helped. I searched the addons and found nothing.

For now I have completed the order using a one off cash payment module and marked the orders as paid. Then sent an email to the customers who had the problem to ignore any emails that they may receive about this order.

There must be a better way. if not there should be.

10 hours ago, wHiTeHaT said:

That should not be the case.

Return or not return have nothing to do with that.

Paypal does not use return data like that.
You either configured your shop via PDT or use IPN
That's it.
USING BOTH will result in duplicated return data in your shop.
100% pp is not to blame on this subject.

It is more likely that you changed the sequence of the return data.
out of the box using pp app this cannot happen.

@wHiTeHaT Glad to see that you are assuming that I have done something. I have been at this long enough to make sure that before I post on here, i check things through first. I wanted help with clearing the data from the customers cart and creating the missing invoice and order, not with a lecture on what I may have done wrong.

As all is currently working fine, I can assume that a blip was in the system somewhere and I am not worried about it, so I will gladly ignore your comments that were unhelpful in any event. If you have nothing constructive or positive to say, keep it shut. I can see why many have blocked you, as I now have, so post your rantings if you want to. At least this post from you made a little bit of sense unlike many others you post here.

@Omar_one I will look into this. Thanks very much. Its a shame that it didnt show up in any of my searches, but we all know what the search is like here. Again thanks for the link.

There is (in the addons somewhere) a manual order maker.  I am not sure how it works (or if it works)...

But if that could be used, that could be a way out of the mess.  So long as you have the customers details and the order details.

A client of mine had the same problem on monday evening.  I put it down to paypal being glitchy at the time, as orders prior and since have been recorded fine (both at paypal end and at her osc shop end).  I spent a bit of time manually :-\ adding in the missing order directly in phpmyadmin for her to get it sorted.

@burt Cheers Gary. I contacted the customers, explained what I needed to do as the items were still in their baskets, and completed the sale using a COD payment method. Luckily they both understood. I have the Master Password addon installed which made this so much easier. I also suspect it was a PayPal blip as it had not happened before, and has not happened again since. I certainly knew I had not altered anything as suggested by one idiot. Its just annoying when it does happen as there is no easy way to rectify what should be something simple. May be an idea for an addon for next years 28 days if that happens..

@14steve14  @burt   good  idea for an addon for next years 28 days,   I like Held Orders   addon because easy to use when the customer create order and before pay it the addon will create held order and delete it when the customer pay it ...and in the held orders page in the admin you can deleting, editing  and updating (will move it from held orders to normal orders so no need to create new order.)

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here .

Archived