• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SEO URL 5, path_rewrite issue

Kuldeep Singh

Hi,

I am using SEO URL 5, and site is working fine with path_standard all the time, once I choose this as path_rewrite as per requirement, I noticed that its working fine but when we leave page in browser for sometime and come back and hit any menu item, it shows url as -c-90_91.html instead of business-product/commercial-c-90_91.html, so means it missed the category name and product name and it shows 404 page. When we go back to home page and it started working fine, and we can try any menu item there is no issue. The issue only comes when we left page open for sometime in browser. Any clue about the issue and how to fix it?

Thanks

@Kuldeep Singh Could not locate the 5.1 version you mention. Also the issue is not present on my testing.

Have you tried to directly access a URL on the first browser open instead of index.php?
For what you mention I'd inspect first session/htaccess for problems.

I'll wait and see if what you mention happens here. Anyway, in your site I found the left menu uses seo urls but the top menu doesn't. The addon you use does something strange for top categories. Does it use tep_href_link stock function?

Edit: I also found that you use some kind of custom error page. It's throwing errors about sessions - probably related to PHP version:

Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

Warning: mysqli_errno() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 45
-

select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = ''

I bet your main problem has something to do with that addon and not with SEO URLS...

Yes that error is on custom error page, but the error page comes as there is issue with url, I have tried other uri format option like standard or path_standard which were working fine, but the requirement is to use path_rewrite. As per your suggestion I have used the left panel for categories menu, I found the same issue there too.

Yes it use tep_href_link function, is there something related to session, due to which the category name and product name missed if we use it after some time?

I think there are two different problems: one with the top navbar (at firts load every link points to index.php and later once navigating it doesn't show the category name) and the other one being caused by using a link with oscsid once it has been expired and cookie has still not been set. I'd check the behavior of the error triggering code to find out why you receive the 404 error and check the categories navbar to see what's making seo URLs to stop working on it.

Archived