• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Group products in product_info.php

sinopia

Hello,

I've been searching but didn't find anything, also I do have some questions what's the best to do this..

In my store I'm selling products separated but  some could be sold together. Kinda of related products but it shows 2 forms of the product with attributes (which I use a lot).

I can be selling a laptop separate or which another product for example a mouse and pad. All of them if attributes for all products (ex: processor of laptop and color of pad).

Or for example a T-Shirt for boyfriend and another for girlfriend (color and size for each one).

I guess I could simply create one product with a lot of attributes but there should be a easy way.

I create a new product with name, images, description and it will get the products I choiced with already their respective attributes, and they will show on product_info.php together.

If someone is willing to help me I could easily (if successed) to create a addon for everyone.

I was thing a easy way.. When buying one it'll sent using ajax and a popup will appear asking if they want the other product.. But doesn't seems correct.

Other is create one product and to use like Option Type with some inputs/dropdowns and it'll save the record into database and then I set as a attribute in database. Perhaps as there is a lot of different attributes and basically I've to create also a lot of them..

I think best way is to group them. Any advice?

I've found this from Prestashop.

Think this as what I'm talking about. Imagine the components like processor, memory, etc is another products that are being selling separated.

In case some products have more that 1 attribute it'll show separate (ex: you can choice memory of disk but also if you want HDD or SSD for example..)

post-20153-0-52190300-1396898620.png

There used to be some computer configurator addons, but I know they wont have been updated for a long time, so may need work. Have a search of the addons area. There are also some bundled products or better together addons that may do what you want, or at least be a starting point for coding something better.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Hi @14steve14,

I've found one that I'll try to merge into product_info.php but requires a lot of modifications: 

Trying to create a new product and in administration panel will relate it with for example 2 that already exists.

It'll show as a normal product but with two inside it. With their respective attributes and prices as in the image on attachments.
But the issue is that probably I just can buy one per one.. Don't know how really could group them into one... Unless I disable the buy now button and use my custom attributes with the inputs of those products...

grid_view_attributes_listin.thumb.jpg.3b3dd91be6b55959a7210a958dfc97f4.jpg

Archived