• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for JcM Adaptive Images addon

😂 i don't blame you, a good night sleep always helps. Check what version of software you are using as the image layout problem you show on that one category reminds me of the early equal hights issue with early CE edge sites, I havent seen that in a long time. However I have noticed that on that page you have one very small image and otheres of much larger sizes. This is never a good idea, Try to keep all your images same shape and size if posiable.

image.png.364d3a861faf7610baf5a7d143b5f79b.png

image.png.fb2f10f98ee6db64eddd9568332e37f2.png

image.png.06dd0538eac9b381b2d59c3589dac8e4.png

Use something like this free tool to resize all your images, It allows you to do a batch resize by adding padding to keep ratio on all images the same. I typiclay use 500x400 landscape images of good quality.

https://www.trythenbuy.co.uk/easy-image-modifier-free-p-51.html?osCsid=hai53curu8rf7t3oivd8ba38i2

12 hours ago, supercheaphobb said:

@JcMagpie

Once I installed it non of my pictures showed up at all?

I have added it to the growing list of things to get working

So will come back to this

PS can you recommend a topic / forums which discusses getting multiple images uploads setup in admin
Went to add a product and found I could only add one image arrrrrr

Well I am a idiot.
I did not upload adaptive-images.php to the root
Make note to oneself that working on websites after midnight is a no go!!!!

18 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

Use something like this free tool to resize all your images, It allows you to do a batch resize by adding padding to keep ratio on all images the same. I typiclay use 500x400 landscape images of good quality. 

https://www.trythenbuy.co.uk/easy-image-modifier-free-p-51.html?osCsid=hai53curu8rf7t3oivd8ba38i2

Wow love this, will keep using it the padding system works great

Again many thanks

Archived