• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

products model: box width

trophy

in  Categories / Products , New Product in , Products Model: .

I want to alter the width of the products model: box  to allow more digits.

I can only use 12 as it is.

I want to get in one more.

@trophy

1) Please state which version of osCommerce you are using.

2) Where exactly do you want to change the "width" of the products model field? The structure of that field in the database table is varchar(64), so it should be able to hold more than 12 characters.

M

The older osCommerce table structure allowed 10 or 11 characters, so presumably you're using that.

Go into phpMyAdmin for your database and edit the column products_model in the products table. You will also have to make the same change in the orders_products table.

It sounds like the complaint is that the display box (text input field?)  is too narrow, not the width of the database field.

By the way, before going through an effort to make major changes to osC 2.3.4, you should be aware that it's obsolete and unsupported. You would be better off upgrading to osC 2.3.4.1BS Edge/CE/Frozen (not the official release).

I no longer have 2.3.4 to look at, but you should be able to find the PHP code to create the form text field in question. See if there is a size= attribute output to HTML to  set the displayed width, and increase the size (I don't know if the value is fixed or a variable). There may also be a maxlength= attribute for the maximum number of characters that can be typed in; it may have to be increased accordingly.

Archived