• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Jssor Slider

This addon will display banners in the header or the home page,  depending upon which module is installed. The banners rotate
using selected methods in the module. There are 29 transitions included but those can easily be changed , added to or deleted as desired. No file changes are needed.

This addon is based on the code supplied by dinopacha.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you so much. It works wonderfully.

I just found one little problem with it or maybe its me. Can you please check.

When making the banner and writing some text in "HTML Text" (In my case i did Testing 123) then the text shows on the top left corner but the image does not show.

I don't use text for the banners so I never thought to add that code. I have done that now and you can download the new file here.

The appearance of the text is controlled via a css class in that file. It really should be in the banner manager so it can be controlled for each banner but that is more coding than I want to do at the moment. :)

Please give it a try and let me know if it doesn't work correctly.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone provide a screenshot or two to show what this contribution is supposed to do?

If these images are in the header, do they conflict with one's logo?

I've downloaded the package in the hopes there might be some examples there, but no luck.

Thank You!

- Andrea

Thank You for that, JcMagpie! 

Honestly, after seeing that site...I'm more intrigued by some OTHER things you have happening there.

The sliding specials, the What's New for July module defaulting to grid format (mine won't?), category boxes in the center of the homepage. 

That site is a terrific example of what can be done with osCommerce.

Lots to think about - Thanks again!

- Andrea

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi,

for CE / BS or normal merchand? .... ahhh i see ... CE. I searching a slider for mormal version of osc 2.3.4.1 ?

thx

Edited by mairei

@maireiIt may work for your version. The later versions of 2.3.4 have a module section that is compatible with this addon. It is a simple install so it wouldn't take much to see if it will work for your shop or not.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

vor 30 Minuten schrieb Jack_mcs:

@maireiIt may work for your version. The later versions of 2.3.4 have a module section that is compatible with this addon. It is a simple install so it wouldn't take much to see if it will work for your shop or not. 

Don't work. thx for help.

Hi All,

I'm loving this slider (kindly provided by Jack_mcs) and just one question if anyone familiar. Is there a way for the display of the slider images to be random rather than in the order they were added? A random display would make it look fresh and different every time.

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

You will never learn if you don't try. And boy am I trying....!

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2018 at 7:09 PM, Jack_mcs said:

Hi Jack,

I use 2.3.4 BS Master (some modified Edge version I think) and I have pictures with slide effects (seems good) but I haven't any selection buttons (bottom and side)...
Is it normal ?!?

If not, where can the problem come from?

Thank you for your lights and for this addon. :)

Edited by milerwan

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

56 minutes ago, milerwan said:

I haven't any selection buttons

It is because the needed images are in the wrong location. To fix it, move the images that are in the images/jssor/jssor/ directory to images/jssor/

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@Jack_mcs

I have found the issue.
It is just a wrong folders incrementing in the addon :
NewFiles -> images -> jssor -> jssor -> a11.png / b05.png

Instead of:
NewFiles -> images -> jssor -> a11.png / b05.png

PS: lol, at same time ;)

Edited by milerwan

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"

I have tested your solution to add HTML text (from "tpl_cm_header_jssor.php" or "tpl_cm_i_jssor.php") and result is nice but can't be updated in the form according of the images.
Maybe css text (with position, color, font-size) deserve to be inserted in "banner_manager.php"...

It is possible to modify like this, to get it.

1. In "templates/tpl_cm_header_jssor.php", change :

//                    echo '<div class="banner-text">' . $txtArray[$i] . '</div>';
                    echo '<div>' . $txtArray[$i] . '</div>';

2. From admin/banner_manager, add "style" into a <span></span> :

<span style="position:absolute; bottom:50px; left:50px; color:black; font-size:40px;">Test</span>

Better way it seems.

Edited by milerwan

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"

As mentioned in my post about the text, it was added as an afterthought and doesn't have any way to control it per image. I plan on adding that in the next version but please feel free to post your code here. Maybe it will help others and, more importantly, save me from having to do it. :)

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

6 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

As mentioned in my post about the text, it was added as an afterthought and doesn't have any way to control it per image. I plan on adding that in the next version but please feel free to post your code here. Maybe it will help others and, more importantly, save me from having to do it. :)

Oh, it's just to add style in the HTML text window, when you create a banner from admin.
No need to edit banner_manager.php file.

html_text.png

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"