• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Another "can't send mail" thread

brian_cee

BS 2.3.4.1

Everything was working perfectly, until I was forced to switch hosts. They did a full backup, saving everything exactly as it was, including databses and c-panel configuration, etc...

Now, on new server/host, webmail works, (sending and receiving), but absolutely nothing from the shop works. Contact Us doesn't work, e-mail customer from admin doesn't work, I don't receive extra email after orders are made, customers don't receive a copy of their order, etc...

Everything is the exact same in the My Store setup, as well as the e-mail options (sendmail, LF, true, false, true)

New server is PHP 7, while the old host had me on PHP 5.something, might that be it?

New hosts are trying to help, I guess..."Well, we whitelisted something, there shouldn't be a problem..."

I don't know why they can't run a test or look for sending errors or something...I'm not seeing anything bouncing back to my default mail address, so I don't know if anything is sending or what...........

Does anybody have any experience with this? Or know what I can suggest my new hosts do?

If so, thanks in advance.....

bc

check the sendmail switches or get the host to add -Xlogfile where logfile is the name of the file so you can see what is happening. Only run this for a short time as the file will become huge.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Thanks for the responses, but my host got it working. I asked him what he did so I could make a note of it, and he said, "I just fat fingered something when I whitelisted your site." So he typed it correctly and everything works now.

Archived