• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No tax on shipping costs when using order editor

franktechniek

Recently I installed a new shop and also installed order editor v1.2.5 which works but has some problems. Tried to find out but this code is too complicated for me, and I have not enough knowledge to figure out what is causing my problem.

When I change the number of items, the total is updated ok, but the total of the tax only reflects the tax that is applied to the products, but not the tax that is part of the shipping costs.

My shipping costs usually are 6.95 euro, which is caclulated from 5.74 euro + 21% tax (1.21 euro). If I place an order with a product of 121 euro (100 euro + 21 euro tax) and 6.95 euro shipping cost (with 1.21 euro tax in it) my order looks just fine, with a total tax displayed of 101.21 euro.

If I edit my order, change the number or add another product, the shipping cost stay ay 6.95 but the total tax only shows the tax that is applied for the product.

Another issue is that when setting the amount of products to -1 (when creating an invoice for a returned product) the tax total disappears completely.

So, what I need, is that tax that is part of the shipping costs is included in the tax total, and also that tax is always calculated even when products have a negative price.

Any ideas where to look are highly appreciated. As a workaround I now manually edit the order_total table, but that is quite tricky and time consuming...

Best regards,

Frank

Archived