• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

BS Bundled products at a discount addon required

14steve14

I have been looking on this forum and searched other websites, and would like to find an addon that is suitable for use on the BS version, that will create bundles of products, which can be made up with in stock items, and sold at a discounted price. When a bundle is sold, the stock of the individual products must be reduced. I currently have a x-sell addon installed where these products are set up to be listed at the bottom of a product listing, but really want to sell at a discount a bundles of items.

What I am thinking of is to create a new product in a category of products. For example, the bundle would include say a soldering iron, a soldering iron stand, a tip cleaner and some solder. All the items are available from the site individually for say 30 GBP. The bundle will cost 25 GDP. When sold all stock for the bundled products and the bundle must reduce by one.

I can find older addons such as "better together" or "bundled products" or "Master products"  but nothing that will work with a BS version, and nothing that does not have hundreds of core code changes. Converting something is way above my pay grade without a lot of help.

Any help or guidance appreciated. I dont care whether the addon is free or a paid for one, but it must work.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

This is a difficult one, but let's think about it;

I'm thinking the simplest way would be;

• Create new Product: "MASTER", this would have the bundle price, description etc
  • New Page in admin which allows you to select a MASTER, then add SLAVE(s) to it. 
    SLAVES are your usual products.  This Master/Slave relationship would be contained in a new DB table. 
    You could even hold quantity in this Table (eg this master needs 2 of this slave, 3 of this slave, and 1 each of these slaves)

So far so Good.

• Shop Side (product_info), detect if the product is a MASTER
  • If yes, display the SLAVES (like is done on a normal product that shows "also_purchased")

Customer Adds to Cart the MASTER and checks out.

• At the end of the checkout ALL customers *should* end up on checkout_success
    A small module here to reduce stock of SLAVES based on that Master/Slave relationship table.

Per our conversation, you know I've made (in the distant past) something similar which was abandoned as pretty much unworkable.  That was back in 2010/2011 before we had much (any?) modularisation... and the problem was reducing stock when people went off to pay.  Now we are a bit modular...I think it can be done;

1. New Page in Admin for selecting which products are Master
  2. Same page (or maybe a different page) for attaching Slave(s) to Master(s)
  3. New Module Shop Side to display Slaves when customer is looking at a Master
  4. New Module for reducing Stock at checkout_success

It *should* be doable with no Core Code Changes, if it is kept fairly simple.

• 6 months later...

Gary, Steven, just curious if this worked out well?

I have this but it's all done manually. I may have 30-50 bundles. It irritates me all the time when I have to go through "it". Especcially when the bundle consists of 7 products or so.

Message Gary he may sort something out for you. I have the working code on my test site but after all this time have yet to upload it to the main site. The main thing I wanted was the stock levels deducted on the sale of a bundle, which it does and it wont allow a bundle to show id stock levels are out of one of the required parts.

There is a need to create a whole new product called the name of the bundle, but adding products to it is easy once done.

Like I say give Gary a message.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived