• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Trying to change logo with no success

Twocanes

I have a problem with changing the logo.  I went to Configuration -> Store logo and uploaded a new

image.  The store_logo.png file in catalog/images is now the right image, but my store's logo area

is blank.  Worse yet, the Oscommerce image is huge and stretched out and moved to the background

in the middle of the page, instead of upper left.  I figured my logo was too big, so I decreased my

logo's sizeto 180x145 and re-uploaded it and now the Oscommerce is sorta back in the upper left,

but behind the top menu bar.  It is smaller in size but stretched out.  My logo is still nowhere to be

found, even though the store_logo.png is the right file.

Any help is, as always, gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

-Kevin

what version do you have and do you have a link to the issue?

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

your header size is 60px but your image height is 145

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

If you use inspector in firefox you can alter the header height to 145 and it is then fine

change catalog/styelsheet.css line 31 so the height is 145

@Twocanes

Congratulations for choosing osCommerce for your web shop. However, it looks like you are using the last 'official' release, v2.3.4.1. Unfortunately, this version is quite out of date (it was just a hot-fix for v2.3.4, which is several years old!).

The one person that is in charge of osCommerce has be away for a while. In his absence, the community has stepped up and updated the program. But, without that one person's ok, this Community Edition can not be called an 'official' version, which is why it is not listed on the 'official' download page. A link to the latest Community Edition is in my signature below.

This Community Edition is also called osCommerce Bootstrap, osC CE (for Community Edition), osC BS (for Bootstrap), osC Edge, osC Final, and/or osC Frozen. These are all just different names for the same thing.

The Community Edition is Responsive (which means it will adjust the layout depending on the screen size of your customer ... very important these days with all of our mobile devices), is PHP 7.x ready (your new site may crash if your host upgrades the version of PHP on their server), and is much more modular (you can turn features on or off, or even add new features, all without having to edit any core files!).

Since it looks like you are early in building your shop, I *strongly* encourage you to switch over to the Community Edition! All of my shops are running it.

Malcolm

Hello Malcolm ,

I am building my website with V2.3.4.1 CE version. And wonder how can I change the logo size in this responsive Version?

There is no catalog/styelsheet.css  file anymore. I tried to put followling code in user.css file, but it does't work.

#header {
    height: 110px;
}

Thanks for the advise.

- Eva

If id="header" is found on the element you want to set the height of (check by looking at page source or page debugger), your CSS entry should work. Make sure "header" is the correct element to set the height on. Then refresh the page (Ctrl+F5 or clear browser cache), to make sure a fresh copy of user.css (with your changes) is loaded in.

46 minutes ago, MrPhil said:

If id="header" is found on the element you want to set the height of (check by looking at page source or page debugger), your CSS entry should work. Make sure "header" is the correct element to set the height on. Then refresh the page (Ctrl+F5 or clear browser cache), to make sure a fresh copy of user.css (with your changes) is loaded in.

thank you for the hint. I checked the source code and change it in user.css file, and it works.

#storeLogo {
    height: 110px;
}

-Eva

Archived