• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cannot access admin login on osc2.2

longhairmike

hi,

long story short,, we THOUGHT were were okay with the tls1.2 compliance on our osc2.2, but it turned out we weren't.

suddenly paypal stopped returning IPN info after midnight on the 27th (which stopped flipping each order status to complete, stopped generating order confirmation emails, and stopped reducing quantities remaining on the site by the amount purchased)

So we had our host upgrade to a newer server that is tls1.2 copatible, but it also requires a minimum php5.6 (we were running on 5.4)

We are working on tweaking a 2.3.4 site, but we currently have the older site functional on the customer side (i am getting orders, luckily the cart contents are included with the payment email),

but we have lost access to the admin login page due to this register globals error it keeps returning.. does anyone know of any workaround to this ?

this is what my web person said:

Yes that's the issue.can't access the admin panel.
Registered_Globals is depreciated.
depreciated means its stuck in there and cant remove it,, not sure that what means
It means that the coding to get into the admin panel does not exist anymore
with php 5.6
The old site is working beautifully.
But I cannot get it to work for the admin panel.

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory. is preventing us from getting access to the admin panel
(me)did you tell that to prohosting?
Yes and their response was to rollback.
That feature does not exisit in the current version we have.
But other people have gotten it to work.
I don't know how.

just answered this

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

yes TLS is not preventing the admin access

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

when we were on the host's old legacy server (that does not support the 1.2)  admin was fully functional except that orders stopped getting finalized when paypal stopped IPNing. 2 days ago.

we are completely crippled and at a total loss here. i need to find someone to hire to complete our 2.3.4 site as soon as possible.

2 hours ago, longhairmike said:

we are completely crippled and at a total loss here. i need to find someone to hire to complete our 2.3.4 site as soon as possible.

Post in the Commercial forum and I'm sure someone will come forward.

Dan

sent you a pm to get you access then move over to 2.3.4.1 CE Frozen

that query is not oscommerce but cre loaded, you have a cre loaded not an oscommerce, therefore you should be getting things done there not here.

I am done.

Archived