• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Taffy

Taffmeisters

Hey there,

Can anyone help!!! I run a web shop in an early version of OScommerce. I have PayPal installed as a method of payment and they say I need to change my SSL to TSL 1.2, because I run Windows I cannot use the software settings as XP does not support TSL 1.2.

Is there a way I can change the SQL to say that the shop accepts TSL 1.1 1.2

Any help would be most appreciated as I cannot use PayPal after tomorrow on my XP computer.

Many Thanks

No, you have to actually use TLS 1.2. There is no way to fake that. It's a security issue, and Paypal is right to enforce that.

Speaking of security, your old code running on an unsupported version of Windows is never going to be secure. Your best bet would be to get a hosing account that supports modern software, install a copy of osCommerce 2.3.4.1 CE, then migrate your data over. We can give you more detailed help if you tell us the version of your old osC software.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

1 hour ago, Taffmeisters said:

Any help would be most appreciated as I cannot use PayPal after tomorrow on my XP computer.

Here is a compatibility list. The TLS 1.2 change will break connections such as yours. There's no fix other than upgrading.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

2 hours ago, Taffmeisters said:

In addition to the issues of old osC and PHP versions, are you running your site on your own self-managed Windows XP computer? That's asking for disaster, as I assure you that hackers know far more about the ins and outs of security than you ever will! On the other hand, if you're just accessing your site via XP (the server is something else) using an old browser, does it really matter? Even so, XP is long out of support and needs to be retired ASAP.

Archived