• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My current set-up: 2.3.4 BS Edge, PHP 7.2, MVS

While working on creating a printable PDF Vendor Purchase Order (something osC must have, but does not), I came across an issue where product options do not reflect additional vendor cost.

So, in admin/products_attributes.php you can add options and related retail cost per product, but when it comes to accounting for the additional vendor-related product costs for each selected option, there is nothing.

There are several things to consider here. Some vendors have different item and/or model numbers for each product depending on additional options it contains. osC has one model number per product and additional options you can charge extra for.

So, one way to resolve this would be to have the selected options dropdown option automatically change the product model number on the product_info.php page. To do this, there needs to be a modification made to the admin/categories.php page for each new product. One that pairs the option permutations available to each model number and vendor item number per product.

Another way would be to add two more columns to the admin/products_attributes.php page Product Attributes table, next to that Value Price column. One column would allow to record the cost of the related added option, and another would be a dropdown to select the related vendor and/or change in item number. That would also have to be reflected via the vendor order email, PO, and the store’s accounting.

This is challenging because different vendors use different ways for product inventory accounting and a retailer (such as an osC store) would be somewhat dependent on such an inventory accounting structure.

I could not find any info or related addons to resolve this issue. And, I’d like to hear from anyone who found a solution or could help develop one.

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=oscommerce

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@LeeFoster

Lee, thank you for the response. The addon I'm doing is for MVS, but regardless, does the one you mentioned account for the cost of product options? I cannot find it.

Also, this topic is not about the purchase order, but about accounting for the cost of product options.

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

4 hours ago, Demitry said:

@LeeFoster

Lee, thank you for the response. The addon I'm doing is for MVS, but regardless, does the one you mentioned account for the cost of product options? I cannot find it.

Also, this topic is not about the purchase order, but about accounting for the cost of product options.

It's this addon https://apps.oscommerce.com/ItUOq and looks like it should but I just noticed there is code missing for the products_attributes.php page to make it work.

@LeeFoster

hi Lee,

yeah, that addon did not even come up in my search results, ..probably because it's written mostly in French.

I looked at it and there is nothing in it to calculate for product options cost. One of the screenshots even displays the product options and the retail price next to them.

I'm really looking to see if anyone has a solution of how to manage & account for the additional costs of product options from the admin side. ..something possibly from  products_attributes.php and/or the categories.php page for product details.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really shocked this doesn't appear to have been implemented.  For example, I have a Widget.  The model # for the widget changes with color.

Widget (green) = Model 111

Widget (black) = Model 112

Widget (red) = Model 113

It would be great to just list 1 widget and then the model number change based on the color selected.  Right now I have to manually change the model # before I send in the order to my vendor.  A real PITA.

Archived