• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

manually installing Stripe

rebecca@goldiemediagroup

@rebecca@goldiemediagroup

Welcome to the osC forum.

In the future, it is VERY useful if you first tell us which version of osC you are using, which version of PHP, and any add-ons you may have installed.

Since you say that you do not have a Content folder, it *sounds* like you are using an older version of osC. The version of the Stripe payment module is probably written for the newer version(s) of osC.

If this is a new installation, I'd STRONGLY suggest that you start over with the latest Community version of osC (link in my signature below). The Community version of osC (sometimes called osC CE, osC Edge,  osC Final, or osC Frozen. All the same thing) is compatible with PHP v7.x, is responsive (meaning it will adjust how your store is displayed depending on screen size of your customers), and is much more modular (you can enable and disable modules, or add new modules, all without any core code changes). Older version of osC WILL crash and burn when your host upgrades their version of PHP.

M

@rebecca@goldiemediagroup

54 minutes ago, rebecca@goldiemediagroup said:

Hi, thanks for your reply. I installed oscommerce through my host 123 so pretty sure its an up to date version ..

Unfortunately, NO.

The lead developer here on the osC project has been absent for some time. The last 'official' release was v2.3.4.1, which was just a hot-fix to version 2.3.4. And, both of these are, unfortunately, very much out-of-date!

With no further 'official' development being done, the community has stepped up and continued with the development. Unfortunately, only the lead developer can declare what the community has done to be an 'official' release. And, since he hasn't been here, that hasn't happened.

So, NO. What your host has available is NOT up to date. Sorry ...

M