• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is anyone using the Wishlist Contrib with 2.3.4.1 CE?

Went live with my new osC site.  Buyers are upset that I abandoned the Wishlist feature.

A way to save items for future purchase...just not in their shopping carts.  It's a separate animal.

I've looked at the Wishlist contrib and I see it's compatible with 2.3.4 BS Gold, I think.

But, I've already learned that even a version as new as that is no guarantee that it will work in the current, community-supported release of 2.3.4.1 CE

Does anyone have that working in the latest release of osCommerce?  I'd love to install it if it's compatible. 

- Andrea

Why not pay a developer to make it compatible if you cant do it yourself, and release it back to the community. There wil be a developer somewhere glad of the work, and the community will appreciate it if it works.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

If I paid someone to do everything I can't do myself in osCommerce, I'd be broke!

I've already paid one person in this forum recently to do something for me that was released later as a contribution:  Keyword Highlighter

Personally, I'm doing well just to create new pages and put them in my Information Box.

I don't have the faintest idea how to get an old contrib working with this monster.

But, I continue to hope that someone else will!

- Andrea

Where did you download from? All i see is this

https://apps.oscommerce.com/Get&jABxb&NvMhT

which can't be for Gold because the code still has tables in, last updated 2015.

If it's this thread:

I don't see a download link anywhere, and the last post in that thread says what you need to do to get it compatible. You can do those easily by yourself, and then post here for more help if required.

I have it working on CE after a few changes

I have modified it also with extra feature so that a customer can convert wishlist into a printable quotation

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

Dear Andrea,

try this addon: Wishlist BS

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9313

@Tsimisays It is not compatible with Edge or Frozen version.
You'll have to hard code the FILENAME_ definitions replace all the HTTP_POST_VARS and HTTP_GET_VARS and all DIR_WS. I am sure you'll have to change some of the code to match it to the latest structure.

I'm not a programmer and that's why I never knew how to do it :unsure:

Best regards

Valqui  

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

Thank You, Ashley!  I'll take a look and see if I can get it running.  I'm on PHP 7.0 , too, so...hopefully all goes well!

- Andrea

Installed and working!  Just one fly in the ointment....

Not able to add items that are Out Of Stock to the list.

If In Stock items are on the list and I click to add an Ouf Of Stock item to it...the wishlist box reloads the in stock items on the list.

If no items are on the Wish List and I try to add an Out Of Stock item...the screen reloads with a message saying 'no products are in this wish list'

How to get around that? 

All of the customers in my old 2.2 site were putting both In and Out of stock items on their lists.  Couldn't add the out of stock ones to the cart, but they could keep them on their wish lists.

- Andrea

I don't use this addon, so can't help you much. I guess you can mark the product "in stock" in Admin, whilst keeping the QTY zero, then the wishlist does add the product if selected, i checked now. Then under Configuration -> Stock, you can set "allow checkout" to false. That way your customers won't be able to checkout with zero QTY products.

Ashley: I have the products in Admin set up like that already.  Products with a quantity of zero are 'turned on' yet they cannot be added to the cart when viewing the product or check out with them.

I see this chunk of code in Catalog/wishlist.php

/***************** UPDATE WISH LIST QUANTITY ***********************/

if (isset($_POST['wlaction']) && $_POST['wlaction'] == 'update_qty') {
	  for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++) {
		 	if (isset($_POST['quantity'][$products[$i]['id']]) && is_numeric($_POST['quantity'][$products[$i]['id']])) {
				$qty = (int)$_POST['quantity'][$products[$i]['id']];
				if ($qty < 1) { // remove if quantity is 0 or less
		      $wishList->remove($products[$i]['id']);
				} elseif ($qty != $products[$i]['quantity']) { // update if quantity has changed
				  $wishList->update_quantity($products[$i]['id'], $qty, $products[$i]['attributes']);

I interpret that to mean....if the quantity on any item on the Wishlist drops to zero...the item is removed from the list.

I expect that's why Out Of Stock items cannot be added at present.

How to edit that? 

- Andrea

No need to edit any code though. I am able to add zero QTY items to the wishlist on a stock osCommerce. Out of stock products don't appear in the catalog right? So i am not sure if you have a modified store.

BTW anybody is free to upload the changes i made to the marketplace, i wont be doing that right now.

Yes, my out of stock items are viewable in the website.  That's so buyers can put them on their Products Notifications list to be notified when they come back in stock.

I'd like them to be able to add them to their Wishlists, too.  If the quantity is zero, they cannot select them and add to cart.  But, they can save them on their Wishlists.

- Andrea

Archived