• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for Specials carousel with Ribbon v2.3.4.1 CE

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

So how do you plan to fix SKU warnings? Would be good to know.

The add-on is not using brand, review, priceValidUntil ,SKU or aggregateRating .

That is a bit weird indeed. My carousel listens 34 products. At Seach Console it says 34 products affected, each one with 7 warnings:

priceValidUntil, url, aggregateRating, brand, review, sku and (mpn/gtin8). Unless it shows due warnings that affects the product from ht_product_schema.php... 

Those are warnings, it just says that it's recommended adding those values. Anyways I've added and notice Google that I fixed those links. Thank you for your time, best regards.

You could be just wasting time as most of the warnings are not relavent to osC. You cannot fix somthing you are not using. If I do not have a URL for a product no point adding one!

image.png.d5a0edc3d77da4e8b1d52f8a4a4c6f29.png

I understand, but as I got those warning since installed owl carousel, and only index.php where I use owl carousel.

new_products_carousel.php has this schema:

<div class="row" itemtype="http://schema.org/ItemList">
             <meta itemprop="numberOfItems" content="<?php echo (int)$num_new_products; ?>" />
             <?php echo $new_prods_content; ?>
        </div>

And then:

$wrapper_slides .= '  <div class="item box-height" itemprop="itemListElement" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/Product">';
// some itemprop
$wrapper_slides .= '          <p class="text-center" itemprop="offers" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Offer"><meta itemprop="priceCurrency" content="' . tep_output_string($currency) . '" />';
// and a more itemprop

Maybe because of this that it's warning about those missing fields in this Product/Offer.. I don't know, I've submit the fixes, I'll let you know if it worked.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, alex121121 said:

When i try to edit jQuery Owl Carouser in admin i get this error: 

Not sure what that is your editing. If you are using the latest version of my add-on the only thing you have to edit is this

image.png.a125789c0423fddfe32bcc540917aacd.png

The jquerry header tags have nothing to modifiy in admin.

image.png.06139578e7b415d64fddf33ddd016eb0.png

1 hour ago, JcMagpie said:

You will have to provide a bit more information! Which version are you using is it stock code or modified? What are you editing?

Frozen bs 2.3.4   I didn't edit anything, right after installing your latest version i tried clicking on edit just to see the options and got that error. The module i tried to edit was named: "jQuery Owl Carousel v1.3.3 " and i dont see that "Index front page products carousel module" from your pic. I dont need to edit anything, i'm just trying to show that nice "sale" red thing.

21 minutes ago, alex121121 said:

jQuery Owl Carousel v1.3.3 

Nothing to do with my add-on.

21 minutes ago, alex121121 said:

"Index front page products carousel module"

If you don't see the things I listed then the install has not worked.

post or pm link to site.

Wow,  it was under content modules and I for some reason assumed it has to be under header tags. The install was ok, i just needed to turn it on in the content modules section and now it's working perfect. Thanks again bro!

I have one more question:  Besides the index page, I would also like to place the ribbons on the pages where the items of a particular category are listed. Can u tell me if this would be doable for me as a noob and if so, can u say which code do i have to copy to which php files?

36 minutes ago, alex121121 said:

I would also like to place the ribbons on the pages where the items of a particular category are listed

Not sure i understand? but if you mean the product listings then yes that can  be done but requires core code changes. This is listing products in subcat dvd/action & drama

have a look in my add-on's I'm sure I have posted these changes.

image.png.41d5dbd3db7bfa2c751e2a6760002c05.png

image.png.a966894d44660acd16bb96cf37d23ec5.png

33 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

have a look in my add-on's I'm sure I have posted these changes.

Yea, that's what i mean, subcat ribbons. Where can i see a list of your add-on's? I only see the special products and new products in this thread? Where can i find the one for subcat?

9 hours ago, alex121121 said:

Where can i see a list of your add-on's?

😊 Here it is,

https://apps.oscommerce.com/TEHRr&amp;specials-ribbon-v2-3-4-1-ce

9 hours ago, alex121121 said:

Where can i see a list of your add-on's?

In apps market just click on any of my add-on's and then by the Updated by click the name and you will see my profile which lists them all.

https://apps.oscommerce.com/Profile&amp;152272-jcmagpie

• 5 weeks later...

I installed the addon and it works great but i just found out that when you click the view button on one of the sale products, it does not take you to the product but it says:" D'oh. Product not found! instead. Also, when you click the buy button, it does not add to the cart, instead it takes you to your empty cart where it says "your cart is empty". 

41 minutes ago, alex121121 said:

D'oh. Product not found!

For this Check your redirects as that error if I remember corectly is for whan a link is not found.

42 minutes ago, alex121121 said:

when you click the buy button

Again nothing to do with this add-on if the path is corect then it will work, the only time you can not buy is if the product has attributes that must be selected first in which case you will be directed to the product page to make the selection.

both Frozen BS4 and BS3 can be checked working on the test sites.

BS3 https://tbyb.co.uk/

BS4 https://chilleddisplays.co.uk/

Without knowing what your running and on what server it's hard to say? First thing to do is simply clear the cache on the machine your useing. Then check your confige files to make sure no paths have changed, then check .htaccess file to see what is beeing redirected to what.

I'm using Frozen BS 2.3.4.1 

HTTP Server: Apache
PHP Version: 7.1.14 (Zend: 3.1.0)

Which config files? In what map? And my .htaccess file is empty. The view button and buy button for the "New Product" in the index works fine

Archived