• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for Specials carousel with Ribbon v2.3.4.1 CE

Support thread for Specials carousel with Ribbon v2.3.4.1 CE  and  New Products carousel with Ribbon v2.3.4.1 CE

New Products carousel with Ribbon v2.3.4

Specials carousel with Ribbon v2.3.4.1 CE

A simple addon to let you place a Specials carousel with “SALE” Ribbons on the index page.

It is based on an existing addon so all credit goes to the original author. Simply install the files and install and turn on.

It requires owl_carousel so if you do not have that then just follow the instructions included to install that.

It has been tested on the v2.3.4.1 CE Only.

image.thumb.png.78ab27b6074e7477f8a459219a1b3147.png

New Products carousel with Ribbon v2.3.4.1 CE

A simple addon to let you place a New Products carousel with “NEW” Ribbon on the index page.

It is based on an existing addon so all credit goes to the original author. Simply install the files and install and turn on.

It requires owl_carousel so if you do not have that then just follow the instructions included to install that.

It has been tested on the v2.3.4.1 CE Only.

image.thumb.png.40174a47fea9c1fdacf2bca7474f053c.png

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, CGhoST said:

Can this be updated to the latest Owl Carousel v2.3.4?

Yes it can but I have no plans to update. You can just edit includes/modules/content/index/templates/specials_products_carousel.php. Then its a case of playing with css and timings to get it looking and moving the way you need. You will need to download and install v2.3.2 in the ext/ folder

add to top of file,

<link rel="stylesheet" href="owlcarousel/owl.carousel.min.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="owlcarousel/owl.theme.default.min.css">
<script src="jquery.min.js"></script>
<script src="owlcarousel/owl.carousel.min.js"></script>

at bottom of file add,

<script>

var owl = $('.owl-carousel');
owl.owlCarousel({
    items:4,
    loop:true,
    margin:10,
    autoplay:true,
    autoplayTimeout:1000,
    autoplayHoverPause:true
});
$('.play').on('click',function(){
    owl.trigger('play.owl.autoplay',[1000])
})
$('.stop').on('click',function(){
    owl.trigger('stop.owl.autoplay')
})

2 hours ago, CGhoST said:

For new products would you put the code in ht_owl_carousel.php ?

Where please?

No the code needs to go in the file you want to use. So if its the new products addon then its,   includes/modules/content/index/templates/new_products_carousel.php

I dont see the point of doing this unless you are going to recode the addon to make use of the new callback functions!

Visualy you will see no benifits!

If your not sure how to do this your best bet is to post in the commercial section and pay a developer to update the addon for you.

You can then post the updated one back on the forum for the community to use yes?

On 6/24/2018 at 12:58 AM, JcMagpie said:

No the code needs to go in the file you want to use. So if its the new products addon then its,   includes/modules/content/index/templates/new_products_carousel.php

I dont see the point of doing this unless you are going to recode the addon to make use of the new callback functions!

Visualy you will see no benifits!

If your not sure how to do this your best bet is to post in the commercial section and pay a developer to update the addon for you.

You can then post the updated one back on the forum for the community to use yes?

If there is no changes then there is no point. I was just going with the path maybe the code has become more efficient and faster and better for such a speed of Bootstrap CE.

Thank you for all your help. Appreciate it :-)

Dear Zahid!

Testing the Specials carousel addon with Ribbon v2.3.4.1CE on OSC EDGE,2 strange things happen to me:

1. The arrow to the right disappeared.
2. Of the N items selected as special only appear N-1 on the front page.

Any ideas??

Best regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

Try uninstalling the module and reinstalling it.

When I install it again with Sort Order 50 the following happens to me:

special2.thumb.jpg.4dc0f91bad101b925c7fe264b6902def.jpg

If I install it in a Sort Order position greater than 150 (in the 150 I have the Front Page Featured Products Carousel) the error of the lack of the MODULE_CONTENT_INDEX_NEW  is gone but the right arrow never appears.

In all cases I still show N-1 products.
Best regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

looks messed up. uninstall and then deleat files. But please uninstall first. Then download new files from apps and install. You had it working fine on the 26th? so not sure why? clean start best.:smile: Football is on sorry.

This last version worked impeccably !!! You're a genius!!!

But I still have the problem that Of the N items selected as special only appear N-1 on the front page. Example if I select 7 item only 6 of them are shown.

Thank you very much and good luck UK !!

Valqui

Done some more testing and I think there is an issue with the owl script. Its actioned from a header_tag but I find its not behaving properly :( probably my fault,

So unless you have it installed for some other addon I would just disable it.

I have updated each addon to call the script as required. So you will need to make sure you have this in you ext/ directory

Bug fix to prevent conflict with other scripts.

<!-- Important Owl stylesheet -->

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/ext/owl-carousel/owl.carousel.css">

<!-- Default Theme -->

<link rel="stylesheet" href="ext/owl-carousel/owl.theme.css">

<!-- Include js plugin -->

<script src="ext/owl-carousel/owl.carousel.js"></script>

<!-- jQuery 1.7+ -->

<script src="ext/jquery/jquery-3.1.1.min.js"></script>

These are the 3 addons affected. Recomend you uninstall and use new files.

I am sure there is probably a more elegant way of doing this but this works for now.

new-products-carousel-with ribbon_2.zip

Index featured products carousel_2.zip

specials-products-carousel-with ribbon_2.zip

Dear Zahid, good morning!!

It was 1 Special item that did not appear. I deleted it and loaded another one and now it shows me all the selected items correctly. No idea what happened ...

Where do I have to put that code in the ext / directory?

I am also using the Carousel addons:

Product_info_Carousel_Fade

Cataloge - JC-Carousel

Best regards

Valqui

It may be that this is related to the following error that happens to me with the Carousels ?

On 2/7/2018 at 5:42 PM, valquiria23 said:

Sometimes this contribution the text "squashes" on top of the images as shown in the image below:

5b3a8e3892107_nuevoproductos.thumb.jpg.d54b91eecd8ee47676a6068eb59e32f3.jpg

Any idea how to avoid it?

Best regards

11 minutes ago, valquiria23 said:

It may be that this is related to the following error that happens to me with the Carousels ?

Well it could be as they both use Owl carousel js. That is why I have moved the js into the files.

Archived