• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Blank White Page 500 when moving OS Commerce Website

motion2082

Migrated a OS Commerce site from one server to another last night and now I can't access the front end of back end.

Getting many PHP errors in the error log

Followed this tutorial - https://www.templatemonster.com/help/oscommerce-how-to-move-your-website-from-one-domain-to-another.html

[20-Jun-2018 01:16:36 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/plamat1/public_html/.com.au/shop/includes/functions/database.php on line 20
[20-Jun-2018 01:16:36 UTC] PHP Warning:  require(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/plamat1/public_html/.com.au/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 287
[20-Jun-2018 01:16:36 UTC] PHP Warning:  require(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/plamat1/public_html/.com.au/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 287
[20-Jun-2018 01:16:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/php') in /home/plamat1/public_html/.com.au/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 287

Can anyone help?

Hi.  while trying to install my oscommerce , I had to do many adjustments in several files.

The worse thing was that mysql database stop working, and got many error messages.

I checked the web for many things, and I was trying to follow some expert directions.

Discovered that the ethernet configurations that I read did not work . Until I put not one but three addresses.

also did the same in the mysql config, and voila.

So in your case, maybe you have to do some configurations kind of easy, but really who knows exactly ??

Programming stuff is a matter of trial and error. Only very simple tasks can follow a procedure.

The relationship among programs and commands, can be very complex, and the output of many combination of set ups, can be very strange and confusing.

I recommend trying simple things, and write down each modification you do. use print screen and paint to record screens so you later on can go back.

keep up and do not stop. jose

The errors you're getting suggest that you have a fairly old version of osC, and you've moved it to a fairly recent version of PHP. Suppose you tell us exactly what version of osC you're working with, and what PHP version on the old server, and what PHP version on the new server? If it will be more than a trivial amount of work to update your store to work with the new PHP version, you will find it much easier to install the latest osC (2.3.4.1BS Edge/CE/"Frozen") on the new system and migrate your data over. This assumes that the new system is at PHP 5.6 or higher, which is the oldest supported PHP version.

$language not defined (the "/.php" errors) is a sign of old osC and new PHP. MySQL deprecated is a sign of newer PHP versions. The most recent osC release uses MySQLi.

@motion2082

If it is a PHP issue (which it sounds like it is), you could ask your new host to roll back the version of PHP on this server (some will do that). This might give you some breathing time, but is NOT a fix. You're going to have to upgrade to a newer version of osC in order to get your site to run on modern servers.

M

motion2082  The deprecated message can be ignored but should be hidden. But the reset have to do with the language not being found and that is due to the php version you are switching to being different than the one the previous server used. To fix it, in both includes/application_top.php files, change this line

if (!tep_session_is_registered('language') || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {

to this

if (!tep_session_is_registered('language') || isset($_GET['language']) || empty($language)) {  

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

You're correct. Turns out because the store was running OS Commerce 2.3, when we moved to the new server running PHP5.6 everything broke. Couldn't even get PHP5.4 to play nicely. Managed to download some files from 2.3.3 and fix it temporarily as we're moving over to OpenCart anyway.

http://www.crimsonshift.com/oscommerce-2-3-x-compatible-php-5-4-x-fix/

Fix osCommerce 2.3.x to be compatible with PHP 5.4.x UPDATED
POSTED BY DAN ON AUG 17, 2013 IN E-COMMERCE, OSCOMMERCE, PHP DEVELOPMENT | COMMENTS OFF ON FIX OSCOMMERCE 2.3.X TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH PHP 5.4.X UPDATED

To make your version of osCommerce 2.3.1 or 2.3.2 compatible with upgrading to PHP 5.4.x you only need to replace 2 files.  The reason why those versions of osCommerce die with the upgrade to PHP 5.4.x is because of the new session handling process in PHP 5.4, you can read about it here: http://php.net/manual/en/migration54.php.  Please note that this fix does not account for any plugins or custom code that you might have.  If you have customized your site there may be other files you will need to update.

To fix:

start by downloading the new osCommerce 2.3.3 (this version is compatible with 5.4) here: http://www.oscommerce.com/Products
replace your current  /store/includes/application_top.php with the analogous file from the 2.3.3 distribution you downloaded
replace your current  /store/includes/functions/sessions.php with the analogous file from the 2.3.3 distribution you downloaded
replace your current  /store/includes/functions/whos_online.php with the analogous file from the 2.3.3 distribution you downloaded
replace your current  /store/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php with the analogous file from the 2.3.3 distribution you downloaded.
Although we would like to take credit for discovering this fix, but it really belongs to the osCommerce team: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/379879-php-54-what-impact-will-it-have-on-osc-v2x/

Regards,
Paul

I'm glad to hear you got it going. I think you will find oscommerce is a better package than opencart, were you to upgrade to the latest version but good luck with the move.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived