• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Printing invoice - New Line for Postcode

zefeena

Hi,

This is something that has forever bugged me and despite all efforts I cannot figure out out to remedy!

Can anyone tell me how to make the postcode on the invoice have a line of its own? And ideally how to make the 'county' go to the line above the postcode.  I'm in the UK, so I prefer the layout in this order.  thank you

name

street

county

postcode

country

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Go to admin/ Countries  and edit the UK address, at the bottom you can select format 5 options available, check each one and see if one is what you need. If none do what you need then you have to look at making chnages at the database level, but I would recomend useing on of the 5 options available.

If you need something other than the 5 pre set formats only way to change this is to edit the address_format table in the database.

Best way to do this is to go to PHPMyadmin and edit the table to the way you want the address to appear.

image.thumb.png.e531b5f4542fca54b7b5f11f2e04ca93.png

For id 1

image.png.0965dd5aa90225715776d44ce8b37484.png

change to this

$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city$cr$postcode$cr$statecomma$country

will give you

firstname lastname

street

city

post code

state, country

This will only change on new orders. Existing order will still show format as it was when it was made.

Thank you.  I've altered as advised, fingers crossed its okay.  Its always annoyed me! lol 

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Archived