• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal always pushes to Payment Information page, instead of confirmation page.

pete2007

Hello,

We are using osc v2.3.4 with PayPal App v5.018 but recently we are having problems with PayPal express and normal checkout.

After logging in to PayPal we get sent to the Payment Information page, instead of the confirmation page, we continue the process but it happens again, in a loop.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there a fix?

Thank you in advance.

When the app hits an error it redirects to checkout_payment but mostly with some sort of failure message.

Check the log on the paypal menu in admin and see if there's any more information on the error there.

There are several configuration settings that need to be right, but I guess if your setup was working before then they should be ok.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Thank you for your replies.

I have checked on the log and there are no errors, I did a test order to see if I could bring up an error but nothing saying an error.

I also checked with my host and they said they do not change the PHP software without our permission, I am currently running  PHP 5.5 and the system default is PHP 5.3

My best guess on this is that pp ec is returning to checkout_shipping because a shipping method isn't set, and checkout_shipping is forwarding to checkout_payment for its own reasons.

However, it needs more diagnostic information.

I suggest opening up the network tab in developer tools and setting the persist option (that's what they're called in firefox anyway). It shows you the pages that you're being routed through and the variables set - the persist opion keeps previous information because otherwise you miss the pages that get forwarded. If you do another test with this on, things might become clearer.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

osC 2.3.4 is known to have minor problems under PHP 5.5. Try falling back to 5.4 or 5.3 and see if that clears up the problem. However, you don't want to stay at backlevels for any period of time, because they are out of support and increasingly vulnerable to attacks. Even 5.5 is obsolete! PHP 5.6 only has a few more months of support left on it, so your host will need to be moving to PHP 7 soon, which osC 2.3.4 will definitely choke on. You should spend some time looking at installing the only current version, 2.3.4.1BS Edge (a.k.a. CE, Frozen, Final), which is available on GitHub (it's not the official release). Then your host should upgrade to at least PHP 5.6, if not higher (7.1 or 7.2 is considered current).

I would not be surprised if earlier php versions do not work on your hosting with a curl version that supports TLS1.2 - I have come across that before.

To check if you are getting php errors you can log them by adding near the top of catalog/includes/application_top.php after the inclusion of configure.php:

ini_set("log_errors", 1);
 ini_set("error_log", DIR_FS_CATALOG . "tmp/php-error.log");

where you should choose where you want the log file to go on the second line.

Edited by BrockleyJohn