• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

mcheja10

Hello all,

I am somewhat new to OScommerce working on an existing version of oscommerce.  Is it possible that login functionality is disabled?  When i go to the login page it says welcome and please sign in but no objects show up.  It seems like code is there in the php file but maybe it is turned off in the admin side?  Just thought i would see if someone could shove me in the right direction.

Thank you so much!

You need to tell us exactly what version of osCommerce, and exactly what version of PHP you're trying to run. It's possible that your host has upgraded PHP and thereby broken an old osC installation.

If this is the "official" 2.3.4 and not the BS/CE/Edge version, my understanding is that it will not work reliably under PHP 5.5.9. You should be looking into upgrading to 2.3.4.1BS Edge/CE/Final/Frozen, which is PHP 7.1+ compatible, since there is no official osC release that is truly PHP 7 compatible, and before long that's where your host will be (5.6 will soon be out of support, and 7.1 or maybe 7.2 is the current PHP release). I understand that you will not be looking forward to this, but it simply has to be done sooner or later, and it's simply not worth the effort to try to upgrade an old osC release to work with later PHP versions.

Archived