• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Osc 2.3.4 SSL Enable

Gadget

Fresh install of 2.3.4  all seems OK even with import of old Database and conversion.  I've had a successful 2.2 installation for years and have learned a lot.

Problem now is when enabling SSL to true on new fresh 2.3.4 install.  I am getting DIR_WS_ADMIN added to all my links and images.

example:

<a href="https://www.xxxxxxxx.comDIR_WS_ADMINindex.php">

When SSL set to false (everything works) I get below

<a href="http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/catalog/admin/index.php">

Any ideas?

Thanks....

Before you go any farther, you need to be sure you are using the Community Edition of oscommerce. Then be sure you are not using an old configure file since it has changed. The error you are getting is due to a definition that Is not used in the latest versions.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I had just installed the latest version through Network Solutions VPS. Thought it would be the best. Oh well. It said it was the latest.   So would it be best to wipe the whole thing and just start over? Or another approach...

Thanks

It is the latest version available through the control panel of hosts. That is because the site that provides those can only show the official version. So what you have is, most likely, the latest official version. But it is not currently support so the unofficial version is the one everyone uses. 

So, yes, you should wipe what you have and start over. There are too many differences between the two versions to try and upgrade what you have.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Ok cool...  That was painless.  Should the database import be about the same as far as 'sql_upgrades_2-2ms_2-3-4'  worked ok on the other installation it just wasn't the responsive bootstrap version. 

Thanks again.  so far so good....

No, the databases aren't directly compatible. There are a few threads on it here. If you haven't made changes to the database via addons, then you can do the following:

- Install a new database using the one included in CE package. If you have already done the installation, this is not necessary.

- Empty all of the tables in the new database - Remove the data but leave the structure.

- Make a copy of the original database and then delete the configuration and configuration_group tables from it.

- Dump the copy of the database (data only).

- Import the data backup you just made into the new shop database.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived