• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

23 hours ago, reinder said:

Hi @burt it looks very nice , thanks for your efforts,, only when i make the sreensize smaller, just about a little more than mobile size,  then the left side boxes  turn to the right side  very small, weird looking, tested in IE and firefox

This is hopefully solved. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

... css changed for phones. The banner is squished and the fonts are too large. The font is probably just the h3 tag if that is what you are using since it looks like it is just the headers for the pages..

22 hours ago, ArtcoInc said:

@burt

As @Jack_mcs said, as the screen size changes, the width of the banner image changes, but not the height. As a result, the image becomes distorted.

In addition, in the footer, as the screen size changes, some of the text in the buttons (particularly the 'Existing Customer' button) overflows the size of the button (see screen shot below).

5b21595edf6d2_ScreenCapture-06-13-2018.jpg.4c20d7cd7f5f33bf778219524158efb3.jpg

You can also see a scroll bar across the bottom of the screen shot, indicating that something did not fit correctly into the screen size. I see this only in the SM view.

M

22 hours ago, puddlec said:

On the specials. When I had a look on my tablet in portrait, the price goes under the view/buy now buttons,so it looks like everything is either, $2 or $3

16 hours ago, piernas said:

@burt it's a ghost?? I cannot see it now! but I copied/pasted yesterday. It was in navbar -> cart

Nevermind- forget it. I must be getting old :wacko:

There is something like that in the default 234bs demo site => Ajax cart.  
Even there I can't find a double </a></a>

1 minute ago, Tsimi said:

@burt

Is there anything, function or visual in BS4 that you think has significantly improved to its predecessor BS3?

Visually, I think everything looks better. 

Functionally, the code is cleaner & faster.

These tester tools are all flawed but do give a helpful indications;

Two broadly similar (info) pages:

https://gtmetrix.com/compare/78XWS19H/ccbzexuy

Two broadly similar (product list) pages:

https://gtmetrix.com/compare/MG7yiUMH/v3mmNq1E

Note:

• New bsv4 site loads in more modules than the Old frozen site.

Next Task:

• rip out the full jquery build and instead use jquery slim build.
    requires some changes elsewhere to allow scripts to use slim (eg the images popup thing on product_info)

due to the lenght of tekst / line-breaks the boxes are not the same height, adding a css fixed heightof about 50px  to the product link tekst would give the boxes  a equal height

22 hours ago, Rwe said:

due to the lenght of tekst / line-breaks the boxes are not the same height, adding a css fixed heightof about 50px  to the product link tekst would give the boxes  a equal height

There are many ways to make the boxes line up.  The beauty is that each shopowner can do it the way they like to.

New Progress Bars for Checkout

• Hooks system is updated to accomodate this. 
    Now all you have to do is change 1 hook file and your changes are reflected on each page that has the progress bar.

OLD:

progress-old.jpg.45fd0f408f9441b883773f519d9ee66a.jpg

NEW:

progress-new.jpg.1263f75130f9cef34d50da0407d72bb7.jpg

+ Points:

1. Removes about 10 lines of .css
  2. Can now affect all pages displaying the progress bar by amending one file (eg if you wish to display something else)

1. Not as pretty as the older layout?

Always moving forward, even if steps are small. 

New progress bars are now on the Test Site.  Obviously if you wish to see them, you need to be checking out.  If you are checking you need an account, please at least use a real email address so that my server doesn't bounce back undeliverable messages at me, thanks.  I hate seeing people test stuff and using (eg) [email protected] type of bullcrap.  

Hooks System

For anyone who knows a bit about the Hooks system, this has had an overhaul so that it is now possible to pass parameters through hooks;

EG: checkout_shipping.php

<?php
    echo $OSCOM_Hooks->call('progress', 'progressBar', [Parameters]);
?>   

And on EG checkout payment all you need to do is pass through a different Parameter, and that increases the display of the progress bar.  Henceforther shopowners/developers can have two or more pages using the same Listener...just passing thru a different Parameter.  And, even better, no limit on the what Parameters you want to pass through to your Listeners. #forward #we #go

6 hours ago, burt said:

New Progress Bars for Checkout

• Hooks system is updated to accomodate this. 
    Now all you have to do is change 1 hook file and your changes are reflected on each page that has the progress bar.

OLD:

progress-old.jpg.45fd0f408f9441b883773f519d9ee66a.jpg

NEW:

progress-new.jpg.1263f75130f9cef34d50da0407d72bb7.jpg

+ Points:

1. Removes about 10 lines of .css
  2. Can now affect all pages displaying the progress bar by amending one file (eg if you wish to display something else)

1. Not as pretty as the older layout?

Always moving forward, even if steps are small. 

Your BS4 version is looking good bud!

Do you have this available in https://github.com/gburton yet?

Are there projects / items I or others in the community can help with @burt???

Archived