• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Carousel is built into BSv4, and a quick and easy module built, so all that needs to be done is turn it on. 
    No limit to number of images and no need to change any core code
  • Grid/List module is now a lot smoother
  • Footer area is now cleaner code
  • Lots of code changes in other places to suit the new layout style of BSv4

I know some people appreciate what goes on, I am certain that others do not.  That's life.

@burt I know this was something you had wanted to get into Frozen before it was, hmm, 'frozen'. It's great to see that you are still working on this! A couple of questions ...

1) How compatible is this with Frozen, and/or any of the add-ons or modules currently available?

2) When/where will this be available?

3) And, if you don't mind me asking, what else do you have up your sleeve? :cool:

M

2 hours ago, ArtcoInc said:

@burt I know this was something you had wanted to get into Frozen before it was, hmm, 'frozen'. It's great to see that you are still working on this! A couple of questions ...

1) How compatible is this with Frozen, and/or any of the add-ons or modules currently available?

2) When/where will this be available?

3) And, if you don't mind me asking, what else do you have up your sleeve? :cool:

M

1. Massive changes in bootstrap structure between v3 and v4.
    If shopowner is using an unabused recentish Edge or Frozen... drop on the new files.

2. When...soon. 
    Where...undecided. 
    To whom...people who I feel are supportive.

3. Next two projects are lined up which will radically change osCommerce for the better.

16 minutes ago, burt said:
  1. Next two projects are lined up which will radically change osCommerce for the better.

Afraid you make me😨😱👍

Appreciate that you're keepin' on keepin' on.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Todays task is to try to make all the places where a product shows (in a list) look the same.

I settled on this look:  

product-frozen.jpg.a87990fda6dda0b99079b76d02d53371.jpg

The places where a product shows (in a list) is (linked to Frozen so that you can see the differences);

You can see that in Edge/Frozen the lists look broadly similar.  I want them all to look exact the same in Frozen2BS4

@burt

I would like to thank you for your work on improving osCommerce. in terms of modernizing it to work with newer versions of PHP, making it work better on mobiles, and most importantly making it easier to install add-ons. As most can now be installed without touching any core files. This makes any updates easier to install, both the addon itself and any updates to the core.

To me it does not matter how many times you post something on the forum, it is more about what you have done/will do with the code.

To me it is a shame that more people are not interested in helping in making osCommerce better in some shape or form.

Phoenix support now at https://phoenixcart.org/forum/
App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

Progress is Made

• index.php - new products for month
  • index.php?cPath=1 - new products for month
  • index.php?cPath=1_4 - product list in category
  • specials.php
  • products_new.php
  • advanced_search_result.php?keywords=matrox

Does anyone spot any problems in any of the pages (not just these product lists)...

Hi @burt it looks very nice , thanks for your efforts,, only when i make the sreensize smaller, just about a little more than mobile size,  then the left side boxes  turn to the right side  very small, weird looking, tested in IE and firefox

Darn Brits. You have a different word for everything: colour instead of color - frozen instead of I'm done. :biggrin:

Gary: Your changes look good on the desktop but need some css changed for phones. The banner is squished and the fonts are too large. The font is probably just the h3 tag if that is what you are using since it looks like it is just the headers for the pages..

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@burt

As @Jack_mcs said, as the screen size changes, the width of the banner image changes, but not the height. As a result, the image becomes distorted.

In addition, in the footer, as the screen size changes, some of the text in the buttons (particularly the 'Existing Customer' button) overflows the size of the button (see screen shot below).

5b21595edf6d2_ScreenCapture-06-13-2018.jpg.4c20d7cd7f5f33bf778219524158efb3.jpg

You can also see a scroll bar across the bottom of the screen shot, indicating that something did not fit correctly into the screen size. I see this only in the SM view.

M

Archived