• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

http 500 error on modules_content.php

ghprosvs

Happy Saturday every-one.

I'm running into a problem with a modified version of BS Edge.

Modified in the sense of  adding some extra's like payment modules, CK Editor, Information Pages, MATC.

whilst testing and modifying I never saw a problem untill I - for no particular reason - tried to visit the admin/modules_content.php file.

I cannot enter it any more (http500 error this page does not work), 

now I checked this page and any other pages that 've been modified since the clean install, and noticed some "?>" were missing on some files, but after correcting these, the problem still remains :sad:

Is there a way I can trace the error to the source of it?

I'm realy at the end of my efforts and about to re-install the shop (which I'm realy hesitating to do) so any help what so ever is verry welcome.

Thank you all and have a great weekend!

Kind regards

Gerry

Hello Gerry,

I's probably not the modules_content.php file itself, but one of your content modules which produces the error.

Try to delete one by one the content modules you added since it was working error free. Like this you can isolate the error and find out which module it causes.

Another possibility, check your error log file for logged php errors related to modules. It is usually located in the server root.

ghprosvs The problem you are having usually turns out to be a problem in the modules section on the shop side. For example, most modules will have at least two files and if you are missing one it will cause that problem. So double check those files and make sure all are present. Some of the addons you mentioned make core file changes but since the error is only when you try to go into the modules section, the problem is most likely there. You should not do a database restore. That will only increase your problems.

As raiwa mentioned, the error log should show the problem. You may need to look at the log file in your control panel if your shop doesn't have one.

Also, the last ?> is not required in many cases and is missing on purpose. You can leave the ones you added if you want but it would be better to delete them.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived