• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

importing Database to new install

Mikepo

Hi,

I'm currently setting up a new install, using the 2.3.4.1CE version, and will want to at some stage go live by importing the current 2.3.4BS Gold Database.

My concern is that the new shop(using 2.3.4.1CE) will try to repilcate the old shop (2.3.4BS Gold) but will have some new modules, and some modules will be removed.

So, what happens to the DB values stored the 'configuation' table if they are not used, once I've imported the database from the old shop?

Is it important to remove those unused entries, or just leave them?

thanks

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

• 2 weeks later...

just to document how I resolved this problem.

I assumed the DB structure for BS gold and 2.3.4.1CE are the same.

I then setup a new installation of CE, and first exported the data from the 'configuation' and 'configuration_group' tables.

Then I imported the DB from BS gold.

I then removed all rows from the configuation and configuration_group tables, and then imported the data from the initial CE installation.  Now I can install any existing modules and any new modules.

All seems well. I think!

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

I was going to do what you are doing, but I'm waiting a bit yet. My plan was do the frozen install then replace data, table by table from my gold plus to frozen with the exception of the configuration table. Importing images as well of course.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

I imported the whole DB was I wouldn't loose any data, even the data and extra table columns used for the addons. So when I install those addons the data already exists.  But importing table by table is another option.  Good Luck

Mike

Archived