Latest News: (loading..)
Sign in to follow this  
JcMagpie

Support thread for Facebook Comments addon v2.3.4.1 CE

Support thread for Facebook Comments addon v2.3.4.1 CE

A simple addon to let you place a facebook Comments widget on your product information pages.

Again totally standalone with no code change. Simply copy all files into relevant sections and go to admin modules /content and install “facebook Comments ”.

You need to edit one file to put your own website URL so comments are linked to your site. includes/modules/content/product_info/templates/tpl_cm_facebook_comments.php

<!---------------------------put your own website in here----------------->
<div class="col-sm-<?php echo $content_width; ?> cm-pi-facebook_comments">
<div class="fb-comments" data-href="www.yourwebsite.co.uk" data-width="400" data-numposts="5"></div>
</div>

It has been tested on the v2.3.4.1 CE and should just work. You can place it on the product info page like any other item just set it up in admin.

facebook.jpg

I'm using the cutting Edge v2.3.4.1 CE:thumbsup::smile:

Get the latest osCommerce Online Merchant Community Bootstrap Edition v2.3.4.1 CE

Dear Zahid , @JcMagpie

Another excellent addon, you are a genius! I try it and it works OK.
The only disadvantage is that it adds comments to the global site, so the comments are the same in each product.

Is it possible to change the data-href parameter to each product page so the customers can comment about each single product?

looking in the forum I found this code, but I think we have to adjust it ....

data-href="<?php echo urlencode(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], 'NONSSL', false)); ?>"

Opinions are heard.

Best regards

Valqui