• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Discovery program version from database export file

lazna

Need to make alive older install of oscommerce. In backups (quite chaotic made) found few directories with various versions of program and few .sql file various date and size. Triyng some program version against some .sql file, but it gave me errors. Is there any way to discovery from .sql file to which program version belongs? Any other ideas?

thanks, L.

Rather than trying to find which old osC version was used, and then trying to get it running on a current server, you should consider installing the very latest (2.3.4.1BS CE/Edge/Final/Frozen... it's called all sorts of things, see the link in my sig) and migrating your database, either using the step-by-step SQL upgrade procedures, or manually by comparing schemas between the two, and updating the old database to match the layout of the new. This way you'll have an up-to-date installation with the old store's data (if it's worth bothering with after all this time). Naturally, this will give you only a vanilla install -- if there were any add-ons or custom coding used by the old store, you'll have to figure that out largely from scratch.

On 04/06/2018 at 9:12 AM, lazna said:

Need to make alive older install of oscommerce. In backups (quite chaotic made) found few directories with various versions of program and few .sql file various date and size. Triyng some program version against some .sql file, but it gave me errors. Is there any way to discovery from .sql file to which program version belongs? Any other ideas?

thanks, L.

The answer to your question is quite simple. For the ocS version simply go to
includes/application_top.php file and look for,

// define the project version
  define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2');

Now the database.sql depends on what you have (please make a copy of your .sql file before doing anything)
If you have exported the database as a .sql then just look at the start of the file it should have all the information.
Here is a typical header,
-- MySQL dump 10.16  Distrib 10.1.24-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64)
--
-- Host: localhost    Database: ********_store
-- ------------------------------------------------------
-- Server version	10.1.24-MariaDB-cll-lve
/*!40101 SET

Alternatively Just install as local-host and see what works.

43 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

Now the database.sql depends on what you have (please make a copy of your .sql file before doing anything)
If you have exported the database as a .sql then just look at the start of the file it should have all the information.
Here is a typical header,
-- MySQL dump 10.16  Distrib 10.1.24-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64)
--
-- Host: localhost    Database: ********_store
-- ------------------------------------------------------
-- Server version	10.1.24-MariaDB-cll-lve
/*!40101 SET

My .sql file header looks different:

# osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
# http://www.oscommerce.com
#
# Database Backup xxxxxx
# Copyright (c) 2015 xxxxx
#
# Database: oscommerce
# Database Server: localhost
#
# Backup Date: 10/29/2015 19:51:00

Not a problem as I said the simplest way is simply set up as local host and import the db into and see what you get. The main issue will be using the right PHP version for the ocS  version you have.

Archived