• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Country State Selector BS v3.0

17 hours ago, raiwa said:

I don't know why it doesn't show the error. Maybe it's because the script is accessed via javascript? But if 'state_name' is not in the array listed, it is not set and doesn't exist.

Meanwhile it's always better to echo variables where they are used:

require('includes/application_top.php');

echo '$_POST' . print_r($_POST);
  $country_id = $_POST['country_id'];
  $state_name = $_POST['state_name'];

$check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from zones where zone_country_id = '" . (int)$country_id . "'");

echo '$_POST' shows $_POST as text (I think you have made a mistake).
echo $_POST shows Array

Eventually, echo $_POST['state_name'] shows the variable selected result (13).

print_r($_POST) shows the array : Array ( [country_id] => 21 [state_name] => 13 )

NB: print_r($_POST) don't need echo to be displayed.

Frankly it's a lot of quibbles for not much ...

If I write it this way it looks better for you ? :

echo tep_draw_input_field('state', (isset($state_name) ? $state_name : ''), 'id="inputState" placeholder="' . ENTRY_STATE_TEXT . '"');

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

I do the text echo to see where it is displayed even there is no variable content, it's just my habit.

I would say correct is to apply the isset check where the ·POST variable is used:

$state_name = (isset($_POST['state_name']) ? $_POST['state_name'] : '');

$state name is always defined in your code, no need to check it in the menu.

1. For those who has got 2.3.4.1 CE Frozen version and/or fontawesome 5 :

Edit includes/modules/header_tags/ht_country_state_jquery.php file and find this code :

I have no such file.  I am using 2.3.4.1 CE

Downloaded and installed on May 26th.  Do I need to upgrade already?  :ohmy:

I've installed this contribution and I have no dropdown box for the state field at all.  Only the country.

Please advise!

- Andrea

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello Milerwan - great little contribution .... almost solved my requirement out of the box .... but ... works fine in create_account.php but when I try to add a new address to an account ie using address_book_process.php the spinner runs but I get no states pull down, only an empty input box. Not sure where to start looking for the problem but I have installed a mint version of address_book_process.php and address_book_details.php from osCommerce 234 Bootstrap Master. Any ideas?

Thanks

On 5/16/2019 at 12:19 PM, kdenby said:

Hello Milerwan - great little contribution .... almost solved my requirement out of the box .... but ... works fine in create_account.php but when I try to add a new address to an account ie using address_book_process.php the spinner runs but I get no states pull down, only an empty input box. Not sure where to start looking for the problem but I have installed a mint version of address_book_process.php and address_book_details.php from osCommerce 234 Bootstrap Master. Any ideas?

Thanks

From "admin -> Modules -> Header Tags -> Country/States Selector", you have to edit the module and tick the missing page(s) to apply the script :
address_book_process.php
checkout_payment_address.php
checkout_shipping_address.php
create_account.php

Edited by milerwan

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

Thanks for getting back to me ... but .. I had already made those selections in the module. The state selector pulldown appears fine in a new account - ie create_account.php but once an account is created then adding a new address or editing the already created one has no pulldown (though the spinner runs on program launch) - see screenshots below.

Cheers

edit_address.jpg

new_account_address.jpg

module_settings.jpg

• 2 years later...

I want to run this on every page load.

I am using :

$(document).ready(function(){
  if($("#inputCountry").val()==""){
    $("#inputCountry").val('223');
  }
    if($("#inputCountry").val()!=""){
      $("label[for='inputState']+div").html('<i class="fa fa-spinner fa-spin fa-2x fa-fw" style="margin-top:2px; margin-bottom:9px; margin-left:0px;"></i>'),id_country=$("#inputCountry").val(),$.post("states.php",{country_id:id_country,state_name:sn},function(a){
        $("label[for='inputState']+div").html(a)
        }
      )
    }
  });

The state does not change from USA to Canada.

I have put the script below the drop downs in the code. 

Not sure why it is not though, is there a specific BS version I need to be using or some tool in the BS release?

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

This is the form input I am using:

<div class="md-form pb-3">
	<div class="form-group has-feedback">
	<label for="inputState" class="control-label col-sm-6">State/Province:</label>
	<select name="state"  placeholder="Enter State" required aria-required="true" aria-describedby="atState" id="inputState" class="form-control validate white-text" >
<option value="1">Alabama</option><option value="2">Alaska</option><option 		value="4">Arizona</option><option value="5">Arkansas</option><option value="12">California</option><option value="13">Colorado</option><option value="14">Connecticut</option><option value="15">Delaware</option><option value="16">District of Columbia</option><option value="18" selected="selected">Florida</option><option value="19">Georgia</option><option value="21">Hawaii</option><option value="22">Idaho</option><option value="23">Illinois</option><option value="24">Indiana</option><option value="25">Iowa</option><option value="26">Kansas</option><option value="27">Kentucky</option><option value="28">Louisiana</option><option value="29">Maine</option><option value="31">Maryland</option><option value="32">Massachusetts</option><option value="33">Michigan</option><option value="34">Minnesota</option><option value="35">Mississippi</option><option value="36">Missouri</option><option value="37">Montana</option><option value="38">Nebraska</option><option value="39">Nevada</option><option value="40">New Hampshire</option><option value="41">New Jersey</option><option value="42">New Mexico</option><option value="43">New York</option><option value="44">North Carolina</option><option value="45">North Dakota</option><option value="47">Ohio</option><option value="48">Oklahoma</option><option value="49">Oregon</option><option value="51">Pennsylvania</option><option value="53">Rhode Island</option><option value="54">South Carolina</option><option value="55">South Dakota</option><option value="56">Tennessee</option><option value="57">Texas</option><option value="58">Utah</option><option value="59">Vermont</option><option value="61">Virginia</option><option value="62">Washington</option><option value="63">West Virginia</option><option value="64">Wisconsin</option><option value="65">Wyoming</option></select>			  

</div>
</div>
<div class="md-form pb-3">
	<div class="form-group has-feedback">
	<label for="inputCountry" class="control-label col-sm-6">Country:</label>
	<select name="country" required aria-required="true" aria-describedby="atCountry" id="inputCountry"><option value="" selected="selected">Please Select</option><option value="38">Canada</option><option value="223">United States</option></select>			
  </div>
</div>

Peter McGrath

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

2 hours ago, cannuck1964 said:

$(document).ready(function(){

Try replacing the above with this

window.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function() { //wait for jquery to load

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack, no did not work. 

I might just move past it, as my guess it is a conflict somewhere.  I have a lot of JS on the site, looking to actually move all cart functions to AJAX calls.

I use a lot of modals to login, create accounts etc. 

cheers

Peter

Peter McGrath

@cannuck1964If you haven't done so I suggest you enable the developer console for your browser so that you can see why the code is failing. The code I mentioned is needed in the newer shops because jquery isn't loaded until the end. But it might be that you have some minor mistake in the code, or something like that.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I have the developer module running.  did not think this would be a hard contribution to install, but this is the error :

Uncaught ReferenceError: sn is not defined
    <anonymous> https://dev.mrboxonline.com/quote_history.php:127

Coming from this code:

window.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function() {
  if($("#inputCountry").val()==""){
	$("#inputCountry").val('223');
  }
	if($("#inputCountry").val()!=""){
	  $("label[for='inputState']+div").html(''),id_country=$("#inputCountry").val(),$.post("states.php",{country_id:id_country,state_name:sn},function(a){
		}
	  )
	}
  });

sn (state name) is not defined for some reason.

cheers

Peter

Peter McGrath

And adding in the line:

var sn=$("#inputState").val();

does not help.

cheers

Peter

Peter McGrath

@cannuck1964 The developer consoles will return not defined for a number of reasons, not all of which have to do with what the error says. I think the problem is that this line doesn't have closure

and/or there is an extra } after it.

When I get such a failure on a js function, I delete everything in it and just include an alert or console.log line. If the message shows up then you know the calling function is working. Then add in parts of the original code to see where it fails.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

sn (state name) is not defined for some reason.

give this a try:

window.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function() {
    if ($("#inputCountry").val() == "") {
        $("#inputCountry").val("223");
    }
    if ($("#inputCountry").val() != "") {
        $("label[for='inputState']+div").html(),
            (id_country = $("#inputCountry").val()),
            (sn = $("#inputState").val()),
            $.post("states.php", { country_id:id_country, state_name:sn }, function (a) {
                $("label[for='inputState']+div").html(a);
            });
    }
});

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&amp;geo=US&amp;q=oscommerce

Thanks Demitry, but no, that does not work either.

Normally I do not have a lot of issues with javascript, but this one is just not quite right.  I suspect a conflict somewhere.

Peter McGrath

@cannuck1964

What version of osC are you using? And, did you just install this add-on, or was it there from some time back and just stopped working?

I have BS Edge and the default code for the country/state pairing was problematic. I actually worked on this Country State Selector add-on, but for reasons I cannot recall now, I chose a different one.

I installed Rainer's State Selector BS add-on and World Zones.

https://apps. oscommerce.com/cbtGB&state-selector-bs

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&amp;geo=US&amp;q=oscommerce

My version of osC is 2.3.4++

I do a lot of upgrades and do not follow all of the osC releases.

Tried the new one and same thing, no luck.  I think I will try upgrading my jQuery and bootstrap versions, maybe that will help, not sure when I did so last.

thanks

Peter

Peter McGrath