• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/4/2018 at 2:23 PM, BrockleyJohn said:

Another bug: admin/includes/classes/phplot.php throws the error unexpected } on line 1322.

Add a curly bracket to the end of line 1320, like this:

if (is_array($color_asked) && (count($color_asked) == 3)) {
	   		$ret_val =  $color_asked;
		} else { // is asking for a color by string

...if you have any need to use banner manager

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/commit/6a22a99c32df450fa982814d0fa07aa6102d4f76?diff=split

On 6/12/2018 at 8:20 AM, BrockleyJohn said:

Social bookmarks Facebook Like doesn't work on a site with SSL

in includes/modules/social_bookmarks/fb_facebook_like.php change line 39 by taking out http: so that it reads

return '<iframe src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=' . urlencode(tep_href_link('product_info.php', 'products_id=' . $_GET['products_id'], 'NONSSL', false)) . '&amp;layout=' . $style . '&amp;show_faces=' . $faces . '&amp;width=' . $width . '&amp;action=' . $action . '&amp;colorscheme=' . $scheme . '&amp;height=35" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:' . $width . 'px; height:35px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>';

if you want to use the module.

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/commit/1b472838b10726395d8a2cad72192b64ebcc6065

On 7/3/2018 at 5:49 PM, BrockleyJohn said:

Bug in advanced_search_result.php - the data-in-stock attribute doesn't get populated in the product listing. This isn't going to matter unless you want to install an addon that uses it, eg. to disable buy buttons on out of stock items. If you do that, you'll find that they're all disabled!

change line 179 to

$select_str = "select distinct " . $select_column_list . " m.manufacturers_id, p.products_id, SUBSTRING_INDEX(pd.products_description, ' ', 20) as products_description, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, p.products_quantity as in_stock, if(s.status, 1, 0) as is_special ";

ie. add

p.products_quantity as in_stock

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/commit/8147bed4a2f606964504772337f6da8ae43c853e#diff-13dae7d4d9c5a71489a5d3523e16b1b5

On 7/10/2018 at 7:53 AM, inra311 said:

Not sure if this is a bug or if I am missing something. I just found  that my shop does not send out the bank transfer data  (like the IBAN etc.) in the confirmation email anymore, in case when 'money order' is the chosen payment option.

The commit from May 3  commented out a line in moneyorder.php which made it stop working here:

- $this->email_footer = MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_EMAIL_FOOTER;

+ //$this->email_footer = MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_EMAIL_FOOTER;

When I remove the two // it works again. What am I missing here, should there be any new module instead that sends out this data and which is not setup correctly yet? And why is the line commented out and not simply removed when not needed anymore?

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/commit/9c86f9bd90c6b1fcbaa92777a0e3cfcf1f6fcc09?diff=split

On 12/9/2018 at 9:19 PM, puggybelle said:

Function keys section at the bottom of Includes > Modules > Content > Product_Info > cm_pi_date_available.php is missing an entry for Available Style in the Date Available module.

'MODULE_CONTENT_PI_DATE_AVAILABLE_STYLE',  

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/commit/59be0a7e877698564f4c2a3c6aea6faab700050d

• 2 weeks later...

In oscommerce.sql (or via phpMyAdmin after installation), consider increasing the size of products.products_weight from decimal(5,2) to something like decimal(9,3). At 5,2 the maximum weight is 999.99 units, which is a bit small if you're working with grams, or even possibly with ounces. I just had this setting up a shop for a client, who couldn't figure out why he was limited to 999.99 grams for a 3300 gram item!

Maybe what is need is more decimal places.  I would think 3000 g would simply be entered as 3.3 kG but I can see where the current setting would have trouble with say 125 grams.

Dan

I enter my weights for products as 0.300 for 300g as that's the way the carrier does their weights. It just seemed easier to keep everything the same. I increased the decimal places to four in the database. Easy enough to change.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

My client carries items that weigh anything from a few grams to several kilograms. They prefer to work with grams rather than kilograms, and with weights in kg, they would need at least another decimal place or two (5,2 -> 7,4). Why was this field done in decimal rather than a real/float in the first place?

It might be too much bother this far down the road, but maybe it would be/have been nice to have a weight unit for each product (oz or lb, g or kg). Just another products table field. The messy code comes when combining product weights for a shipping total, but it could be done.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure if this is a bug, and if it has been reported yet.

I the productlisting the carriage returns are there, but in the catagory and search listing, the CR's are dropped and all the lines are shown as one. Ref: image

FrozenBug.jpg

9 minutes ago, René H4 said:

I the productlisting the carriage returns are there, but in the catagory and search listing, the CR's are dropped and all the lines are shown as one. Ref: image

FrozenBug.jpg

you could try changing 

strip_tags($listing['products_description'], '<br>')

in the product listing file, as it is taking out any html tag other than <br> line breaks

Phoenix support now at https://phoenixcart.org/forum/
App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

1 hour ago, René H4 said:

How was the text entered in the first place? By hand, or with some WYSIWYG editor (CKeditor, etc.)? Were carriage returns or newlines converted at some point to break tags (<br>)? Was the text edited again with the same (or different) editor? Normally a browser will change any run of whitespace (including newlines or carriage returns) into a single space, and glue the lines together. It's certainly odd that your browser would glue lines together, but remove the spaces. Can you look at the stored text in phpMyAdmin and see if there are any carriage returns, newlines, or HTML tags (such as <br>) between the lines? At least you can see who may be altering the text before display.

Well, actually my shop was set up by Henry, my admin for products look like on the image.

The text is setup with paragraphs <p> and </p> as you can see.

I will play with that.

Thanks. If this is not a Frozen bug I appologize for posting my question here....

FrozenBug2.jpg

1 hour ago, René H4 said:

Adding some <br /> solved this problem..... Thanks! Now I know what caused this.

Somehow I have never liked the <p> paragraph thingy. It's allways in my way. 🙂

You could of also added the p tag or any other HTML tag, within strip tags like so

strip_tags($listing['products_description'], '<br><p>')

App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

33 minutes ago, puddlec said:

You could of also added the p tag or any other HTML tag, within strip tags like so

strip_tags($listing['products_description'], '<br><p>')

Did this, good workaround! Thanks!

What exactly is the purpose of calling strip_tags() here? Could there actually be HTML code in the product description (intended for a larger format) that is disruptive to the layout in this format? Certainly, random people aren't adding the text, so there should be no safety problems. Anyway, to spice up this format, consider adding <strong><b><em><i><u><s> to the <br> (and maybe <p>) allowed tags list. If the idea is to linearize and make the description as compact as possible, it might be even better to replace <br> and <p> by spaces (not strip_tags).

Handling all these cases might get complicated enough that it would be better to provide two separate product descriptions: one for the regular format, and a second, linearized one for this format. Maybe still in one string (one DB field), but a <split> tag between the two substrings -- use the first for full format, and the second (if given) for this list format? Just some thoughts.

8 minutes ago, MrPhil said:

What exactly is the purpose of calling strip_tags() here? Could there actually be HTML code in the product description (intended for a larger format) that is disruptive to the layout in this format? Certainly, random people aren't adding the text, so there should be no safety problems. Anyway, to spice up this format, consider adding <strong><b><em><i><u><s> to the <br> (and maybe <p>) allowed tags list. If the idea is to linearize and make the description as compact as possible, it might be even better to replace <br> and <p> by spaces (not strip_tags).

Handling all these cases might get complicated enough that it would be better to provide two separate product descriptions: one for the regular format, and a second, linearized one for this format. Maybe still in one string (one DB field), but a <split> tag between the two substrings -- use the first for full format, and the second (if given) for this list format? Just some thoughts.

Below is what can happen if a <div> tag is not closed due to the cut off of the text -  so is helping making sure that you don't get any layout hicupsimage.thumb.png.1e375b80d82734250bb91d03c9f7b491.png

App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

OK, I suppose it's possible that you could screw up your product description HTML, and it wouldn't be something malicious. However, something like that ought to be noticed pretty quickly, and would probably affect the full-page product listing (not just the grid or list format). Perhaps it's time to step back and consider what the purpose is of stripping HTML tags: presumably to linearize and compact the product description that it will fit in a small space? If so, why not leave bold, italic, underline, etc. active? Paragraph and break tags (also list and heading tags), which alter the layout of the material, should be converted to spaces so that text doesn't get run together as in the original complaint.

This whole discussion is probably getting outside of the purview of Frozen Bugs, and probably ought to get its own thread.

I have been keeping a patched copy of "Frozen", with much of the bug list applied to it, for my own work with clients. I don't want to get into distributing it (as yet another fork), but I will distribute a consolidated list of patches that I applied to my copy. There are two files:

1. Frozen.diff  is Linux "diff" format
  2. Frozen.fc is Windows File Compare (fc command) format

Both can be found at my site: https://www.catskilltech.com/FreeSW/product/Frozen-patches/title/Frozen+patches/freeSW_full. I thought the patch files were a little large to attach to this forum, especially as they will be replaced from time to time and are not a one-shot deal. It's a command-line utility to run to generate the patches, so it's no big deal to update them.

I will attempt to keep the list updated as new patches are announced, both in this thread and elsewhere. If you think I've overlooked an important patch, please feel free to bring it to my attention. I may not have put some patches in simply because they were too vaguely stated, or seemed to be too specialized. Also, I only seriously looked at this one thread (there may be other Frozen patches floating around). If you spot an error in how I applied a patch, please let me know!

The patch files are semi-manually consolidated, and probably won't work if you try to feed them to a patch utility. At the least, you'll have to split them apart with an editor. You can also manually edit the osCommerce files (as well as oscommerce.sql, although it won't update an existing database), using them as instructions. If anyone knows the format for consolidated diff and fc files, so that the whole thing could be fed to a patch utility in one go, without breaking the file apart, please chime in!

Haven't used OsC in a lot of years, so forgive the newbie in me.:)

Are there any installation instructions for the latest version of Frozen?

Also, I have followed a few links to a few different pages and don't know which  is the latest version of Frozen.

I downloaded the patch fixes posted by MrPhil.(Thank you MrPhil)

I don't think there are specific installation instructions in one place -- they're kind of scattered around. It's pretty simple, though. You unzip the file and copy the files over, update them per the patches, create the empty database, and run install. It will lead you through the process. My "Frozen" link in my signature (below) is to the latest and greatest Frozen on GitHub. Other links may take you to discussions about CE/Edge/Frozen, but that one is a direct link to the package itself. There may also be some old links floating around to Edge, to Gold, or to other earlier versions, but don't use those.

Archived