• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2 hours ago, valquiria23 said:

Where did I download EDGE and where did I download Frozen?

The link for Edge is in the signature file in Garys post above and the link to Frozen is in  your signature file. 😁

Dan

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@valquiria23

As @burt pointed out, Edge is in ongoing development. Frozen is just that, a single point in time in the development of Edge, "frozen" at that time.

As @Dan Cole mentioned, you have a link to Frozen in your signature, and Gary has a link to Edge in his post. Edge is constantly changing. Edge does not have a version number. The only way to determine which 'version' of Edge you have is the date of the package.

We "may assume" that Gary is fixing the bugs in Edge as he continues to work on it. He is also making other changes ... For example, he is migrating from Bootstrap v3 to Bootstrap v4. This is a significant change, so be aware that this most likely will break existing add-ons that currently work with Frozen. Also, moving from one version of Edge to another is not a simple in-place, one button upgrade. You'll either have to do a clean install and migrate, or do a file by file compare, and determine for yourself what has changed.

And yes, Github is another learning curve in and of itself.

M

17 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

Also, moving from one version of Edge to another is not a simple in-place, one button upgrade.

It should be fairly straightforward if (and I do realise that is a big "IF") user has not changed core code. 

If no core code is changed;

• upload new files to overwrite old 
  • check any installed modules for new database entries

1 minute ago, burt said:

It should be fairly straightforward if (and I do realise that is a big "IF") user has not changed core code. 

All the more reason to keep good notes of what files you change, and why!

M

8 hours ago, 14steve14 said:

I may be wrong but if you want an updated Frozen version you should be using Edge as explained above, unless I am reading it wrong. Failing that you need to go to github and find out what has been changed on the latest version of Edge and change your site to match. .

Not wrong at all :thumbsup:

At all;
Edge is what I'm playing with at the moment, but all potential users of this software should be 127% aware that this Edge is my playground, so code may be changed - broken - reverted and so on. 

Put simply

• if you are a shopowner who is not technical...use Frozen.
  • if you are a developer...develop for Frozen.

7 minutes ago, burt said:

I was going to say something similar to this but didnt risk putting my head on the chopping block as a few people still advocate changing core files.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

1 hour ago, burt said:

2 hours ago, ArtcoInc said:

He is also making other changes ... For example, he is migrating from Bootstrap v3 to Bootstrap v4. This is a significant change, so be aware that this most likely will break existing add-ons that currently work with Frozen.

So, *IF* there are no core changes, it should be straightforward to upgrade. BUT, that doesn't mean that all of your add-ons will still work.

And like @burt also said ...

1 hour ago, burt said:

Put simply

• if you are a shopowner who is not technical...use Frozen.
  • if you are a developer...develop for Frozen.

M

PS: that all said, keep reading this thread as bugs are discovered and fixed.

I was thinking about it a little more ... It's good that EDGE continues to grow and include the bug fixes that come up.

But it would be great to have a fruzen version 1.0.1 that includes only the bugs fix, so new users do not need to read a whole thread to have frozen running. What do you think?

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

• 2 weeks later...

This seems to be an overseen bug since OsC 2.3:

In checkout_shipping.php line 247:

<div class="panel-heading"><strong><?php echo FREE_SHIPPING_TITLE; ?></strong>&nbsp;<?php echo $quotes[$i]['icon']; ?></div>

should be removed the icon:

<div class="panel-heading"><strong><?php echo FREE_SHIPPING_TITLE; ?></strong></div>

It throws an undefined $i error because its not inside the shipping methods loop.

If free shipping is true, no shipping module is shown and therefore no icon possible to show.

Just found that in the latest EDGE this is already fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 4:20 PM, valquiria23 said:

Hi @burt

It is possible that for Christmas you give us a version of Frozen 1.0.1 that includes only the bugs fix reported in this thread? 🎁 🎁 🎁

Best regards

Valqui

The short answer is "no".  Maybe that is something you can do to help the community ?

Anything in this thread which is an enhancement request or an Edge-only bug should be moved to a different thread, or at least clearly listed here as such. Only genuine bugs in Frozen should be here, so that someone could get the Frozen release, manually fix the listed bugs, and not get tangled up in Gary's ongoing Edge work (e.g., Bootstrap v4). Enhancements should be kept out of the Frozen bug list, and leave them for Gary to put into Edge (as he wishes). Wasn't that the original intent of this thread? Maybe Gary will decide at some point to release an updated Frozen, or more likely, a new milestone for Edge ("Slushy") that incorporates all the Frozen bug fixes, plus some enhancements.

In case anyone's still using Gold, bug fixes might indicate if they were for Gold only but already fixed in Frozen. Someone is going to have to decide what to do about support for older releases (Gold, Frozen [eventually]), and whether to force people to move to a recent release. Considering that some stores are still running on MS2, it's clear that some store owners are very resistant to upgrading. I don't think I would want to use pre-made patches for Frozen (say, in GitHub) that had not been inspected and approved by Gary, and that is placing even more of a burden on him. I think fixes should simply be listed here and it's the responsibility of whoever is applying them to decide that they are good. Maybe the report of a fix, supporting commentary and discussion (including fixes to the fix) could be consolidated somewhere, perhaps on GitHub?

1 hour ago, burt said:

The short answer is "no".  Maybe that is something you can do to help the community ?

I was keeping a branch up to date ready for people to download but the link was removed from my signature - it may be a little behind now.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

2 hours ago, burt said:

Dear @burt

I'd love to be able to do it but I do not have the ability to do it, do not know use github :(.

But even if I did, I assure you that nobody will use my version without the lider of this project ( @burt ) will making it official.

Please Burt, do not make the same mistakes as Henry and do more updates so people know that the project is still alive !!!

I wish you happy holidays and 2019.

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

• 2 weeks later...

Function keys section at the bottom of Includes > Modules > Content > Product_Info > cm_pi_date_available.php is missing an entry for Available Style in the Date Available module.

'MODULE_CONTENT_PI_DATE_AVAILABLE_STYLE',  

If "set_function" is used in a module and the configuration value contains sql special characters like  single quote (apostrophe), an eval error is thrown when the module is edited.

It is thrown in admin/modules_control.php line 294:

eval('$keys .= ' . $value['set_function'] . "'" .  $value['value'] . "', '" . $key . "');");

adding "tep_db_input" solves it:

eval('$keys .= ' . $value['set_function'] . "'" .  tep_db_input($value['value']) . "', '" . $key . "');");

3 hours ago, raiwa said:

If "set_function" is used in a module and the configuration value contains sql special characters like  single quote (apostrophe), an eval error is thrown when the module is edited.

It is thrown in admin/modules_control.php line 294:

eval('$keys .= ' . $value['set_function'] . "'" .  $value['value'] . "', '" . $key . "');");

adding "tep_db_input" solves it:

eval('$keys .= ' . $value['set_function'] . "'" .  tep_db_input($value['value']) . "', '" . $key . "');");

Do you mean admin/modules_content.php

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

• 2 months later...
On 7/8/2018 at 8:51 AM, CGhoST said:

Has anyone noticed the Banner is not showing in the Footer. There is a default banner in "Banner Manager" but i dont see it anywhere.

That's exactly what I've come here to find out.  I downloaded the latest version of Frozen from Github only today and the soCommerce banner image isn't even appearing in the footer, let alone anything I try to put there. 

On 7/8/2018 at 10:13 AM, Jack_mcs said:

Previous versions of oscommerce had code included that would display banners in a certain group automatically. That code has been removed and to show a banner now requires a module, or some additional code if one prefers, in order to display. 

Oh......  would you happen to know the trail to that module?  (Such an odd bit of code to remove, since it is an enhancement, but maybe it was considered superfluous, since one can have the logo elsewhere, I guess.)

1 hour ago, IAmGrammy said:

Oh......  would you happen to know the trail to that module?  (Such an odd bit of code to remove, since it is an enhancement, but maybe it was considered superfluous, since one can have the logo elsewhere, I guess.)

The jssor Slider will handle it if you want the banners to be in the header or on the index page.

The old banner code required editing the files to add a banner, unless you stick with the default code. That goes against the principle of the frozen version of making things modular. But as you can see from my and Zahid's suggestions, there are multiple choices so a basic one wasn't included since it would probably not be used. I'm guessing at the actual reason but I think that is close.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

1 hour ago, Jack_mcs said:

The jssor Slider will handle it if you want the banners to be in the header or on the index page.

The old banner code required editing the files to add a banner, unless you stick with the default code. That goes against the principle of the frozen version of making things modular. But as you can see from my and Zahid's suggestions, there are multiple choices so a basic one wasn't included since it would probably not be used. I'm guessing at the actual reason but I think that is close.

Oh, thanks!  This is my first "add-on" mission.  Cover me; I'm going in!  😉

Archived