• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I don't think it's actually possible to satisfy all tablets on bootstrap 3 - see

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/issues/535

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

🤔  checked a few other bootstrap sites and they look fine in 10" P or L! Is there not an aditional brake we can add in css? and it only affects some bits of CE  others work fine. Sub cats show perfectly.

Not perfect but this stops silly small columns on 10" tablets,

@media only screen and (max-width: 768px) {
    /* For mobile phones: */
    [class*="col-"] {
        width: 100%;
    }
}

• 2 weeks later...

Came across a small issue with tpl_cm_header_breadcrumb.php when doing some editing. Looks like the name has been duplicated,

<div class="col-sm-<?php echo $content_width; ?> cm-header-breadcrumb breadcrumbs">

If it's allready been spoted the sorry for duplication.

• 1 month later...

Has anybody tried to translate the standard browser error message 'Please fill out this field'?
The language of the message seems be the same as the browser language.

This is what I did.

in includes/functions/html_output.php and in the function  tep_draw_input_field
check if the 'required' is in the parameters:

find:
    if (tep_not_null($parameters)) $field .= ' ' . $parameters;

replace with:

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) {
        if (strpos($parameters, 'required') !== false) {
           $parameters .= ' oninvalid="this.setCustomValidity(\'' . FORM_INPUT_VALUE_MISSING. '!\')" onchange="this.setCustomValidity(\'\')"';
        }
        $field .= ' ' . $parameters;
    }

The function tep_draw_pull_down_menu should be fixed as well:

find:

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) $field .= ' ' . $parameters;

replace with:

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) {
        if (strpos($parameters, 'required') !== false) {
            $parameters .= ' oninvalid="this.setCustomValidity(\'' . FORM_INPUT_VALUE_MISSING. '!\')" onchange="this.setCustomValidity(\'\')"';

}
        $field .= ' ' . $parameters;
    }

in includes/languages/english.php
add

//customized form input error message
define('FORM_INPUT_VALUE_MISSING','This value is required');

in includes/languages/finnish.php
//customizedform input error messages
define('FORM_INPUT_VALUE_MISSING','Tämä on pakollinen tieto');

This seems to work both in latest Firefox and Chromium.

Any comments?

I wanted to use user.css to change product image container attributes (e.g. #cboxTitle height) and
add product's name to the shown picture.

I don't know if someone has already done the stuff below in 2.3.4.1 CE.

in includes/modules/header_tags/ht_product_colorbox.php

find:

$oscTemplate->addBlock('<link rel="stylesheet" href="ext/colorbox/colorbox.css" />' . "\n", 'header_tags');

immediately after add:

$oscTemplate->addBlock('<link rel="stylesheet" href="user.css" />' . "\n", 'header_tags');

in user.css
to make some more space for the products_name (see below):

#cboxTitle {height:75px;color:#171515;}
#cboxLoadedContent {padding-bottom:55px;}

To use language dependent string instead of the generic "Image n of m" and to add product name under the shown product image

find:

if (in_array(basename($PHP_SELF), $pages_array)) {

immediately after add:

if (isset( $_REQUEST['products_id'])) {
                $product_info_query = tep_db_query("select  pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$_REQUEST['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$GLOBALS['languages_id'] . "'");
                $product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);
            }

replace this very long line

$oscTemplate->addBlock('<script>var ImgCount ... $this->group);

with

$oscTemplate->addBlock(
          '<script>var ImgCount = $(".piGal").data("imgcount");
          $(function() {
            $(\'.piGal\').css({\'visibility\': \'hidden\'});
            $(\'.piGal\').photosetGrid({
            gutter: \'5px\',
            layout: ""+ ImgCount +"",
            width: \'100%\',
            highresLinks: true,rel: \'pigallery\',
            onComplete: function() {
                $(\'.piGal\').css({\'visibility\': \'visible\'});
                $(\'.piGal a\').colorbox({maxHeight: \'90%\',
                    maxWidth: \'90%\',
                    title: \'' . $product_info['products_name'] . '\',
                    current:\'' . TEXT_CURRENT_OF_TOTAL .'\',
                    rel: \'pigallery\'});
                    $(\'.piGal img\').each(function() {
                        var imgid = $(this).attr(\'id\') ? $(this).attr(\'id\').substring(9) : 0;
                        if ( $(\'#piGalDiv_\' + imgid).length ) {
                            $(this).parent().colorbox({ inline: true, href: "#piGalDiv_" + imgid });
                            }
                    });
            }});});</script>', $this->group);}

in includes/languages/english/product_info.php

add

define('TEXT_CURRENT_OF_TOTAL','Image {current}/{total}');

and

in includes/languages/finnish/product_info.php

define('TEXT_CURRENT_OF_TOTAL','Kuva {current}/{total}');

Comments?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, @burt ... I'm not 100% sure where to post this - I'll try and make it brief.

I have been trying to diagnose a small issue with the PayPal app v 5.018.... originally mentioned here

I have been digging into this again the past few days and was comparing files in your github have come to the conclusion your update to the PayPal app v5.018 is NOT actually 5.018 but likely 5.010.

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/commit/c0aeb3f2cb86d865e6a04ad9982852c026c4083b

In fact I cannot find the files for v5.108 anywhere.... The only files available are to 5.010. It would seem the only way to get the files for 5.018 is to download 5.010 and run the automatic update.

The issue is specially caused by Harald's fix for the PayPal app to allow the shipping method selected in an Express checkout to be carried through to PayPal and checkout_confirmation - in v5.010 the app did NOT include this logic.

So the ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php files are dramatically different then what I have - you are missing these fancy bits (around #276):

if (isset($selected_shipping_id) && ($selected_shipping_id == $quote['id'])) {
              $selected_shipping_counter = $counter;
              $log_sane['OSCOM_CUSTOMER_SELECTED_SHIPPING_RATE_ID'] = $quote['id'];
            }

and (around 618)

foreach ($quotes as $quote) {
                  if ($quote['id'] == $module) {
                    foreach ($quote['methods'] as $m) {
                      if ($m['id'] == $method) {
                        $shipping = $quote['id'] . '_' . $m['id'];
                        $shipping_selected = true;

break 2;
                      }
                    }
                  }
                }

if ($shipping_selected === false) {
                  if ( method_exists($shipping_modules, 'get_first') ) { // select first shipping method
                    $shipping = $shipping_modules->get_first();
                  } else { // select cheapest shipping method
                    $shipping = $shipping_modules->cheapest();
                  }

$shipping = $shipping['id'];
                }

Thoughts?

I wonder - will the automatic update run on a fresh install (I haven't tried it)? If it won't run, we are missing (IMO) one of the best parts to the app.....

@burtI did a fresh install to test and the story deepens - to force an update I did as you suggest and changed the version.txt file to a previous version (5.010).

Ran the PayPal app update and it would seem the PayPal app has changed significantly since I last ran the update on my live store (although the version number has NOT changed) and no longer includes the features I mentioned above.

I've spent the last hour trying to find the lengthy discussion I had with Harald in the forum about why and how the PayPal app should be fixed to allow the customers selected shipping option to be carried through the PayPal Express checkout - in place of reverting back to the "cheapest" shipping logic always included with PayPal Express.... and the entire discussion seems to be "nuked".

Sorry, to ring your bell ... I just have no clue why Harald would have nuked the best feature of the newest part of OsC 😒

19 minutes ago, greasemonkey said:

@burtI did a fresh install to test and the story deepens - to force an update I did as you suggest and changed the version.txt file to a previous version (5.010).

Ran the PayPal app update and it would seem the PayPal app has changed significantly since I last ran the update on my live store (although the version number has NOT changed) and no longer includes the features I mentioned above.

I've spent the last hour trying to find the lengthy discussion I had with Harald in the forum about why and how the PayPal app should be fixed to allow the customers selected shipping option to be carried through the PayPal Express checkout - in place of reverting back to the "cheapest" shipping logic always included with PayPal Express.... and the entire discussion seems to be "nuked".

Sorry, to ring your bell ... I just have no clue why Harald would have nuked the best feature of the newest part of OsC 😒

A number of threads got destroyed a few months ago when someone went on a rampage.  It might have got tied up in that :( 

So far as I know ... and I could very well be wrong ... what's in the latest is 5.018 (or at least what is in the official updatable version of it)...

Do you know approx when the conversation/thread with Harald was ?

26 minutes ago, burt said:

@greasemonkey Scott could it be this page here where there is an express.php to download;

https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/410827-paypal-app-v5010-for-v234bs/?page=2

Maybe that express is the one with all the "good stuff" in ?  But perhaps not in the official download??

You found it @burt... thank you. And yes that explains it.

I must have assumed Harald added it to the update but never actually did. And I have been using it for the past 18 months, not noticing he didn't...

It's mentioned in his reply here that he was going to:

That said.... I feel less like I'm losing my mind now.

If interested in this fix (which I presume you won't be for this "official" release).... It has a minor, intermittent problem (which was the entire reason for this post).

I believe I may have it sorted however will have to test more in my live store under traffic to see if it actually works.

hello

i have installed a osc 2.3.4.1 bs (responsive master) on php 7.2.3

and i got a warning message in admin modules content page:

Warning: Use of undefined constant - assumed 'OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_LOGIN_SORT_ORDER' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /kunden/media-promote.de/2.3.4.1_reponsive/includes/modules/content/login/cm_paypal_login.php on line 41

i tried to uninstall the paypal login module and got other errors, after reinstalling i have the same problem as before.

it seems that somewhat somehow doesn't work with php 7.2

i need a little help 

thx

stefan

osc_bs_modules_content.jpg

the warning Use of undefined constant was introduced in php7.2 as far I as know.  So yes, aka CE frozen should only be used with 7.0/7.1 unless you change the code throughout to eliminate the warning

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

I noticed a bug yesteday.  During checkout confirmation, the comment box appears if not NULL, with an option to edit.

Clicking edit takes you back through the checkout process to change the comment, however the comment doesn't change unless you repeat the process or refresh the page.

I also noticed you can't remove/delete the comment.

I tried to modify the code, but the logic of passing the variables using $_POST I don't understand or I'm coding it wrong.  Can someone check for me.

Thanks

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

49 minutes ago, Mikepo said:

the warning Use of undefined constant was introduced in php7.2 as far I as know.  So yes, aka CE frozen should only be used with 7.0/7.1 unless you change the code throughout to eliminate the warning

ok thx,

but what do i have to change?

What I did, in 7.2.3 was to use the following if CONSTANTS didn't initally exist:

defined('MODULE_SHIPPING_INTERLINK_MAX_WEIGHT') or define('MODULE_SHIPPING_INTERLINK_MAX_WEIGHT', '10');

hope that helps

• burt changed the title to Frozen bug list

Edited Topic Title as this discussion is only for Frozen.

Edge continues as a product.  In case anyone is not understanding the concept of naming;

osCommerce CE (Community Edition) of which

• Gold.  A fixed release.
  • Frozen.  A fixed release.

• Edge.  A rolling release. 
    You should update to Frozen if on an older Edge or keep up to date with releases if you are already past Edge.
    If on Edge that is newer than Frozen, then you are pretty much on your own - you probably won't be able to get much help with it.

I may be wrong but if you want an updated Frozen version you should be using Edge as explained above, unless I am reading it wrong. Failing that you need to go to github and find out what has been changed on the latest version of Edge and change your site to match. .

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

5 minutes ago, 14steve14 said:

I may be wrong

I'm sure you're not

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

1 hour ago, 14steve14 said:

you need to go to github and find out what has been changed on the latest version of Edge and change your site to match. .

Short of trawling through all the files on Github, is there a set of instructions somewhere to identify which files have changed, or is it easier to download a complete current Edge and do a global file compare in Meld or Winmerge.

Live shop Phoenix 1.0.8.4 on PHP 7.4 Working my way up the versions.

Excuse me, but I'm a bit confused.

Where did I download EDGE and where did I download Frozen?
EDGE has already fixed the Frozen bugs? How I keep up to date with releases ?

I do not understand how that Github works, is someone encouraged to explain a little more?

Thank you!!!

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

Archived